LAMB KILLER

Frank

Im a lazy *** and have been meaning to take them off at some stage. :*)

Do youn think it will make a difference to the point of impact if i took the open sights off? Sounds a bit daft prehaps, but i just wonderd?  ;)

I am glad you said that Frank :D , I took mine off as it kept geeting snagged on stuff, and then I had it threaded do it had to go!

I didn't test before and after, but I would have thought any shift in zero would be absolutely minimal, but it would be worth a quick after as you never know with rifles...

Cheers . Does the sight just slide off, the ring i mean? :(

Cheers . Does the sight just slide off, the ring i mean? ;)

Yes mate, forwards, away from you if you were holding it, if that makes sense.

There is a plunger that needs to be pressed down and the 'blade' will slide the same way to reveal the screw that holds the base to the barrel - voila!

Edited by stuartp

a well presented post by Frank :D explaining how he went about a well done job.....your patients and time was rewarded......good luck in zapping the other fox :(

Thanks Digga. :lol:

I will be after the other as soon as it stops raining. Been bucketting it down all day and its still not let up. ;)

Im working tommorow and wendsday, but might try and lamp wendsday night, if not will try thursday at dawn, if weather not too bad. :lol:

Cheers . Does the sight just slide off, the ring i mean? ;)

Yes mate, forwards, away from you if you were holding it, if that makes sense.

There is a plunger that needs to be pressed down and the 'blade' will slide the same way to reveal the screw that holds the base to the barrel - voila!

Thanks Stuart, ill give that a go. Prehaps i can put my lamp back on top of the scope again, not that it makes that much difference, but even with the lamp on its side, it still reflects back a wee bit.