LAMB KILLER

Frank

Got a phone call late last night from a farmer that lost 2 new born lambs, to a fox.

His son tryd lamping it with shotgun, but missed :thumbs:

Another educated fox. :D

The farmer was anxious to get rid of this fox, 'its a big one' was his coment.

I felt a bit under pressure and another method had to be employed i thought.

I had a few things in mind, snaring ect but thought id go and bait the area before it got light, then wait for dawn.

So i left straight away with my 'STINKY FISH' and headed for the farm, this was at 12:30 am last night :wacko:

I got to the feild the killing took place and flicked the lamp round the feild.

Their he was, but as soon as the lamp hit him, he was off on starters orders. :lol:

Gone.

So i went back home to get some kip, but did not sleep too well as i kept getting nightmares of missing the ******!! :wacko: :lol:

An hour before dawn, i got set up, 150yds from the bait, boy was it cold this morning, razor sharp frost or what. :lol:

As light broke, i could see not 1 but 2 foxes at the bait. One was lying down asleep and the other was eating away.

I put cross hairs behind the shoulder, squeeze, boom, pop, one fox down.

The other one that was asleep, lept up and ran like a rocket into the wood, never to be seen.

Ill give it a couple of days and go back for the other.

Pic below. :D

Edited by Frank

Thanks all. :wacko:

Stuart, i get a hot toddy when i get a job done for them, it was needed after this mornings freeze, i can tell ya. :wacko:

For those of you who dont know, it was taken with my CZ .223, using the famouse Federal premium 40 gr ballistic tip factory ammo. :thumbs:

I am getting very consistent results with this ammo. :lol:

Frank, silly question but was it a dog or vixen???

If it was the dog, you will have another dog moving in to mate with the vixen very soon :rolleyes:

Good shooting mate :D

Hi Kip, it was a big dog fox. id say the other one was a vixen. I will be keeping an eye on the place and will cull as many of them as possible, as the farmer is lambing everyday now.

These lambs were taken right next to his house from under his nose :lol:.

O' they also had them red plastic bags on them, forgot what they are called, but they are ment to stop foxes taking them as their is some smell on them or something. Ill ask him all about it when i see him again. Well they did not stop this fox anyway.

well done frank ;)

Now you know whats coming :D

When are you going to give the 55grn BT V-SHOK by Federal a go ? :rolleyes:

This 40 grn certainly works well in your gun............I might have to get me a box and give them a go ;)

Good Post

Ive

I highly recomend the 40 BT Ive, amazing accuracy. :lol:

I have not had the opertunity to try the 55 gr BT yet, as i cant find any. But as soon as i do ill let you know of the results. ;)

Frank, silly question but was it a dog or vixen???

If it was the dog, you will have another dog moving in to mate with the vixen very soon :rolleyes:

Good shooting mate ;)

Hi Kip, it was a big dog fox. id say the other one was a vixen. I will be keeping an eye on the place and will cull as many of them as possible, as the farmer is lambing everyday now.

These lambs were taken right next to his house from under his nose :D.

O' they also had them red plastic bags on them, forgot what they are called, but they are ment to stop foxes taking them as their is some smell on them or something. Ill ask him all about it when i see him again. Well they did not stop this fox anyway.

Nothing deter's them, only a well placed shot :lol:

Im a lazy *** and have been meaning to take them off at some stage. :*)

They actually got in the way of my lamp, as it would reflect back when i mounted it on top of my scope, so now i have the lamp on the side of the scope.

Do youn think it will make a difference to the point of impact if i took the open sights off? Sounds a bit daft prehaps, but i just wonderd? :rolleyes:

Im a lazy *** and have been meaning to take them off at some stage. :*)

Do youn think it will make a difference to the point of impact if i took the open sights off? Sounds a bit daft prehaps, but i just wonderd? ;)

I am glad you said that Frank :D , I took mine off as it kept geeting snagged on stuff, and then I had it threaded do it had to go!

I didn't test before and after, but I would have thought any shift in zero would be absolutely minimal, but it would be worth a quick after as you never know with rifles...

nice shooting frank

can you tell me how you use this smelly fish bait (what you hang it in, how old it is etc) sorry if you have had this question before!!

we have got a fox problem on our shoot, managed to get a vixen last night lamping

but their is a lot of cover for them to get into and some of them are lamp shy i think that sort of approach would work well on the shoot.

Thanks jeff

nice shooting frank

can you tell me how you use this smelly fish bait (what you hang it in, how old it is etc) sorry if you have had this question before!!

we have got a fox problem on our shoot, managed to get a vixen last night lamping

but their is a lot of cover for them to get into and some of them are lamp shy i think that sort of approach would work well on the shoot.

Thanks jeff

Hi Jeff,

I get a load of fish, (usually oily fish) past its sell by date left over from my local fishmunger.

I then put it all in a bucket and put a lid on it, storing it away from vermin in a shed for 2 days.

The rotting stink that comes off it is very over powering, knocks you out ;) .

I then lay it in a feild 150yds from where i will shoot from, if im using my .223, recomend closer for shotgun and pick a widy dawn, when using the shotgun and know where the fox will aproach from.

Bait the area the night before dawn and make sure their is plenty their.

If you can mash it up, do so as foxes tend to walk off with bits of the bait and bury it in different places and by morning it will be gone. :D

The best of luck, hope you get your foxes and let me know how you get on. :(