duck pond

monkeyboots

just back in from checking out a duck pond that i can get to shoot for free its a good spot and close to the farmers house so it should be safe enough from anyone else shooting on me , the thing is the pond has very few shallow edges to put feed on its mostly deep the whole way around the pond has anyone any ideas what way to feed a pond that is deep at the edges , i take it barley is the best feed

easy get an old pallet or 2 from somewhere cover top with bit of plywood and say 2x1 lathe round edges and fit polysteryne under it between the runners so as it floats get a post in pond with hole in it for rope to slide thru, attach rope to pallet in a loop and there you go feeder that can be pulled in and out.......and the ducks wont be scared of this after few days...best feeding for these is old potatos champed up a bit get the refuse from a local farmer if you can...duck love them and then bit o barley wheat etc it you wish...

Agree with Millrace. I use rotten potatoes chopped up with veg peelings and crab apples (they are free and loads of them about). I use mixture of kibbled maize, barley or wheat also. You will need to start feeding soon to attract the birds before the season starts.