ruger m77 .44 magnum

the running man

silly question but as its close fox does this mean its not an accurate round with a trajectory similar to a banana?
only had it since april ,I'm still doing range tests at the moment al4x.I've had v bulls at 300 yards with cbc magnums,am trying to work a load for 100m or less really,around pheasant pens etc. Will let u know results if you're really intrested.

only had it since april ,I'm still doing range tests at the moment al4x.I've had v bulls at 300 yards with cbc magnums,am trying to work a load for 100m or less really,around pheasant pens etc. Will let u know results if you're really intrested.

isn't it like 4" drop at 100 yards with a 50 yard zero or something ridiculous? think I'd use the HMR

isn't it like 4" drop at 100 yards with a 50 yard zero or something ridiculous? think I'd use the HMR
I'm not entirely sure,its not really a long range thing,the factory magnums never dropped much at 300. My old marlin was a few clicks up with the target load I used,I've been doing all my tests at 50m because that's probably what ile be using it at,but early days yet and tests continue,it groups well at 50 all touching the same hole. I saw a review in gun and mart,its still online have a look,I saw this and fancied it so got it. It does drop with less powder,so stokeing up gets it flatter so am trying to strike a balance.will advise of results if u like.

yes home loading,trying different permintations,bullseye and titegroup are doing ok.

I have took over the load developement for a mate who has the same rifle as he was not having much success, because this rifle is to be used as a close range woodland deer rifle all loads are top end in order to make the required energy levels.

Target loads loaded with bullseye and 240grn lead swc's have the required accuracy but with full tilt loads and jacketed hollow points, groups in the region of 3-4 inches are not quite there yet.

Ian.

I have took over the load developement for a mate who has the same rifle as he was not having much success, because this rifle is to be used as a close range woodland deer rifle all loads are top end in order to make the required energy levels.

Target loads loaded with bullseye and 240grn lead swc's have the required accuracy but with full tilt loads and jacketed hollow points, groups in the region of 3-4 inches are not quite there yet.

Ian.

thanks ian,will let u know how I get on, as said before its for close use,and if I can get a good result at 100m then ile be happy,as I'm not going to use it much beyond 50-80m if uve any load data that uve tried ide appreciate it.