FREELANDER BRAKE ADVICE

Evil Elvis

:hmm: There are a lot of people on here clued up on mechanics, so I thought I'd ask.

Oh the way home last night the brakes felt spongey, i check and the fluid level was very low, I topped it up, pumped the breaks and the pedal went firm again..........

that is until I started the car, when it when spongey again, i repeated this several times with the same result. This morning I pumped them up and they stayed firm until I was almost at work when again they went spongey, the level is still full, I guess that I need to bleed the brakes to get air out and have a thorough look underneath and check all the brake pipes.

Any thing else that maybe at fault that i should look out for?

??? I have found:

Cylinders £6.98

brake shoes £15

drums £15

So for that sort of money i may be inclined to do both sets of back brakes in thier entirety for peace of mind ???

Codling, i just watched a video of how to change them and its very similar to the old ford sierra drum brakes, which i have changed many of (had a 1.6 sierra with a 3.2l lump in it, no brake upgrades so changed them at least quarterly!!!)

:good: Because I love my freelander, minimal hassle, goes where I want it too, soooo far ...never got stuck, great little motor!!! :yes:

I changed the cylinders, brakes shoes and drums on both sides with genuine parts...cost me £60!!!!

How many cars could you do that for that price? :)

Edited by Evil Elvis

:yes: Because I love my freelander, minimal hassle, goes where I want it too, soooo far ...never got stuck, great little motor!!! :)

I changed the cylinders, brakes shoes and drums on both sides with genuine parts...cost me £60!!!!

How many cars could you do that for that price? :lol:

it's the volume of parts required which bring down the price. good or bad :good: