lamping in the rain

jay222

went out for a lamp tonight in the rain as i knew of a 17 acre field that had just been cut and bailed and wanted to go and see if there were any foxes about, went into the field and my mate mike put the lamp on. not a creature in sight so we got set up on a bale where we had a good view of the whole field and called for about 15 minutes but nothing showed up. i was about to go home as obviously we were the only things daft enough to be out in the rain but thought id try one more place. the next field was about 10 acres and full of sheep so had a quick scan round from the gate and spotted a suspect pair of eyes but it was right next to a load of sheep and lying down, gave it a quick squeak and it popped its head up, bingo its a fox it got up and was just about to dart through the fence but it just paused long enough for me to squeeze a shot off. as you can see the 55grain soft point did its job nicely

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

it was shot at about 120 metres and was a dog fox