Northern Ireland - decreased paperwork?

Ozzy Fudd

Just thought id share something my local rfd told me a couple of weeks ago. Apparantly the application booklet is being shortened down to a single a4 page, anyone else heard anything, or seen the new forms?

He told me the cops original idea of making the applications very complicated to reduce firearms numbers has backfired, and has left them snowed under with mountains of paperwork and criticism from every direction :blink: :oops::hmm:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

I am aware of one amendment to the paperwork. The part where your referees have to write a small section on you declaring that they think your attitude towards firearms would be mature if you got one. This part has been removed as there isn't a need for it.

Edited by Dancake

Just thought id share something my local rfd told me a couple of weeks ago. Apparantly the application booklet is being shortened down to a single a4 page, anyone else heard anything, or seen the new forms?

He told me the cops original idea of making the applications very complicated to reduce firearms numbers has backfired, and has left them snowed under with mountains of paperwork and criticism from every direction :blink: :oops::hmm:

i thought the police loved mountains of paperwork, that way they can avoid meeting all the nasty criminals that are on the streets. :hmm: