Mt New Toy!

Maidment78

It is the 3ltr! bought it off ebay for £800 as it had a blown engine, got it home and realised it was just the injectors and the last owner did not really have a clue.

Called Izuzu and it was under a recall and they did the lot for free and she runs sweet now, when she blows (I know she will) I will rag out the 3ltr and fit the 3.1 as that was the origional plan but lets see how long I can keep her running. Oil and filters every 5k and a wing and a prayer and she should do ok for a few seasons.

Only issue is because she is so tidy and no dents the wife actually like the thing but as per a coment earlier I might get that green paint out,,,, oh and lose the rear wheel cover,,,

nice one mate i really rate troopers , i,ve had both 3.1 and 3.0 and would love to know if it was at all possible to put a 3.1 engine into the 3.0 , like you i,m always wondering not if but when :no:

it is possible, my m8 has done it too his after the 3.0 failed, its a bit of work but doable

hth Richard

Mud! Can not do that, just painted the wheels black,,,,,

Seriously though the General Grabber AT2's on and they are so cleane I wince when I look at them. Weekend of mud.

Just did the Cam belt for this and I have to say it has to be the easiest one I have ever changed (out of the two I have done,,,)

Will let you know how I get on with the conversion if and when the 3ltr does blow.