Winchester Grand European

For sale i have a winchester grand european trap gun. ithas been teagued and comes with a set of teague chokes - cylinder 1/4 3/4 and two fulls.The bluing has worn a little thin near the muzzles and it comes with a winchester slip. It also has a left handed palm swell. I dont really know how to value this gun but after some debate i will start it at £850 and see what happens but always open to offers :blush:

post-9502-1286384705.jpg

post-9502-1286384727.jpg

post-9502-1286384838.jpg

Edited by soreshoulder

For sale i have a winchester grand european trap gun. ithas been teagued and comes with a set of teague chokes - cylinder 1/4 3/4 and two fulls.The bluing has worn a little thin near the muzzles and it comes with a winchester slip. It also has a left handed palm swell. I dont really know how to value this gun but after some debate i will start it at £850 and see what happens but always open to offers :blush:

Is it a left hand or right hand

• 3 weeks later...

The Grand European is fast becoming a collectable icon. They were only made for a short period of time, 1981 to 1986. They are based on the tried and tested 101 action, and were top of the Winchester range at the time, with fine engraving and high quality walnut. They also all came in a custom red leather motor case. Yes a few Parker Hale 800 series did use the same actions, and tried to talk up the similarity, but if it don't say GRAND EUROPEAN on the top rib, it aint one, plain and simple.

I too have a 30" trap that is Teague choked, i use it as a sporter/ game gun, and it always gets admiring looks whenever i use it, i also have the case for it.

As to value, anything under £1,000 is a cheap gun. There is one in a nearby gun shop for £1,200 with no case and fixed chokes.

The purists will say its not a Browning or a Beretta, but the fact is, everyone has these, but not many have Grand Europeans, so that alone makes them sought after. I have friend with four, and i know of a guy in the west country with twenty. They do not depreciate in value, so are a good investment.

As yours is Teague choked it is more versatile so i would suggest a value of £1,350

I paid £900 for mine three years ago, and a further £450 for a complete overhaul and refurb, and i managed to find a case for £180. i have it insured for £2,000 for the simple reason that i cannot just go out and find another like it.

I love using it and am proud to own it. You should be too.

Rich g

• 9 months later...

I have a beautiful Winchester Grand European Game in it's original red leather case for sale. The gun has been in my family since new and unfortunately has to go! This gun has been lovingly looked after, maintained and not messed with or altered in any way. Contact me for further information. Nick