PW Quit Smoking Group.

Frenchieboy

I read right through these threads and only one person mentioned Allan Carr.I stopped and started smoking on a regular basis for about 30 years before another ex-smoker recommended 'THE EASY WAY TO STOP SMOKING' by Allan Carr.I read the book....and stopped.Haven't had a smoke for about six years,don't miss it, got no withdrawel symptoms,went to the pub the very next day after stopping and had a few beers,no problem(this was usually my downfall).Went to work the next day and had a coffee in a bait cabin with 5 other smokers and had no problems at all .Couldn't believe how easy it was.The missus has stopped and also several friends,all used this book.If you want to stop smoking I really cannot recommend this book highly enough.

I read right through these threads and only one person mentioned Allan Carr.I stopped and started smoking on a regular basis for about 30 years before another ex-smoker recommended 'THE EASY WAY TO STOP SMOKING' by Allan Carr.I read the book....and stopped.Haven't had a smoke for about six years,don't miss it, got no withdrawel symptoms,went to the pub the very next day after stopping and had a few beers,no problem(this was usually my downfall).Went to work the next day and had a coffee in a bait cabin with 5 other smokers and had no problems at all .Couldn't believe how easy it was.The missus has stopped and also several friends,all used this book.If you want to stop smoking I really cannot recommend this book highly enough.

:good:???:yes:

The only side affect I had were a few weird dreams about smoking :yes: :yes: :yes::lol: I also had no withdrawal at all :yes:

2 years since I quit, and I dont feel any fitter even though I havent put weight on...running hasnt got any easier and my cholesterol/blood pressure has gone up.

I mentioned this to the doc and all he said was it can happen, not really the answer I wanted

So has it been worth it---on the pocket yes, health wise I havent noticed any major change but there must be somewhere

5 months now for me. I was a 30 a day smoker until I sat down and read "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allan Carr" as others have said on here it is brilliant, I stopped easily with no cravings or pangs at all. I would reccommend it to anyone.

I must admit I have put on a few pounds but rather that than coughing up brussel sprouts every morning. Plus the money saved is great now can finance a 4x4 for weekend use only.

Edited by paddywack12

One of the things that stands out here is the amount of people that have (Very successfully) used the Allan Carr book or DVD to help them quit smoking! I had not heard of it when I eventually made the decision that I really wanted to quit but even if I had I don't think it would have influenced my decision to do it through a Stop Smoking Support Group. I surpose that if the truth be known it doesn't really matter how you do it as long as you eventually manage to quit but saying that it does look like things are heavily weighted towards Allan Carr!

Good luck to all who have or are trying to quit, it is well worth it in the end!

Quite right Frenchieboy.Whatever does it for you.We never smoked in the house anyway,'cos of the kids.(Spent many a cold few minutes freezing in my shed parching on a fag!)But in Summer I would sit on the back step for a smoke,and often looked up to see my kids just watching me....no good.Not only did I not want them to smoke,but I wanted to be around as long as possible to be with them.

Bloody awful drug!