Nice restaurant in Bridgend ?

ME

I am in Wales seeing a customer on Thursday so staying in a hotel in Bridgend tomorrow night and having a beer or two with a mate.

Can anyone recommend a NICE restaurant in or around Bridgend please ? At the moment he wants to go to a Harvester ???:good:

I am in Wales seeing a customer on Thursday so staying in a hotel in Bridgend tomorrow night and having a beer or two with a mate.

Can anyone recommend a NICE restaurant in or around Bridgend please ? At the moment he wants to go to a Harvester ???:good:

Me is that NICE and Bridgend in the same sentence .

Regards OTH

Harvester and client in same sentence ??????

Plenty to choose from, what type of food do you like ME?

Not curry, not pub chain food, not faux Italian chains.

An independent restaurant with a name for good food, doesnt need to be poncey.

Off the top pf my head..............

Loch Fyne - CF71 7DT 01656 776070

Very nice place, great for sea food, good wine list, will cost you more than a good pub lunch

Barley Mow - CF71 7RT 01656 772558

one of my favourite pubs for food, nothing special but great pub food with open fire etc (bar maid to die for, fit as you like)

Not a chain, independent

Braseria El Prado - CF32 0LD 01656 649972

Best Braserie around here for a country mile, excellent food and wine, prices to match

Zia Nina - CF31 1JD 01656 660045

In town this one, nice italian, good value for money. Not a chain, its independent

Ashoka - CF31 3BP 01656 650678

Best India in town - just read your last post so this ones out

The Great House - CF32 0HP 01656 657644

Fine dining, a bit stuffy, depends on how much you want the biz

Edited by Marcus

Very nice place, great for sea food, good wine list, will cost you more than a good pub lunch

Barley Mow - CF71 7RT 01656 772558

one of my favourite pubs for food, nothing special but great pub food with open fire etc (bar maid to die for, fit as you like)

Not a chain, independent

Braseria El Prado - CF32 0LD 01656 649972

Best Braserie around here for a country mile, excellent food and wine, prices to match

Zia Nina - CF31 1JD 01656 660045

In town this one, nice italian, good value for money. Not a chain, its independent

Ashoka - CF31 3BP 01656 650678

Best India in town - just read your last post so this ones out

The Great House - CF32 0HP 01656 657644

Fine dining, a bit stuffy, depends on how much you want the biz

Nice one, I shall go there armed with these babies and see what happens ???

Thats what i thought they called harvesters round London......There will probably be a Hungry Horse too

Would also consider these

Farmers Arms (the pub on the pond) CF32 0SE 01656 880224

Not been there for a while, nice setting out in the countryside, good food

The Star Inn CF35 5DL 01656 658458

Very good reputation for food this one, not that big, in a small village called Troes

Anyway, 'some food for thought'........ excuse the pun. Have a good one, need any other local info let me know

Marcus

Forget Pied Piper!

If you want quality...The Star Inn (not far from B&Q roundabout) and Leicester's, Laleston on A48 where Prince Charles frequents and Loch Fein for fish also on A48...

TY'R ISHA INN, Near Sarn Junctipon M4 ...Cheap and chearful.

Farmers in Wick is a good ....15 mins outside Bridgend...Wick.

http://www.great-house-laleston.co.uk/

HTH

Rob

Well, we went to Braseria El Prado as suggested. We had a table of about 15 girls next to us on a 30th birthday outing (TIDY!) The food was good, as were the 4 bottles of Rioja and the beers that we demolished. Thanks for the advice :yes:

We ended up in a pub in Bridgend somewhere singing Karaoke, woke up in the hotel room this morning with a nasty hangover and with no recollection of the last few hours of the night ;)

I went to see my client in Ebbw Vale today and he informed me that the women in Bridgend are easy but if you like really easy, drunk women then a night out in Swansea is what you need :good:;)

Well, we went to Braseria El Prado as suggested. We had a table of about 15 girls next to us on a 30th birthday outing (TIDY!) The food was good, as were the 4 bottles of Rioja and the beers that we demolished. Thanks for the advice :yes:

We ended up in a pub in Bridgend somewhere singing Karaoke, woke up in the hotel room this morning with a nasty hangover and with no recollection of the last few hours of the night ;)

I went to see my client in Ebbw Vale today and he informed me that the women in Bridgend are easy but if you like really easy, drunk women then a night out in Swansea is what you need :good:;)

A PW nightcludding event without the missus knowing to arranged but I not doing sloppy seconds.

Cheers OTH

I went to see my client in Ebbw Vale today and he informed me that the women in Bridgend are easy but if you like really easy, drunk women then a night out in Swansea is what you need :good::P

Top Choice ME - I like your style ;)

Ive sunk a few good Bottles of Faustino No 1 in there. It was where I took my wife on our first date. She certainly wasnt 'easy' but then the classy ones never are :drinks:

Swansea is good yes for a night out, always seems to be 3 times as many ladies as men - I always liked those odd's back in the day

Edited by Marcus

Well, we went to Braseria El Prado as suggested. We had a table of about 15 girls next to us on a 30th birthday outing (TIDY!) The food was good, as were the 4 bottles of Rioja and the beers that we demolished. Thanks for the advice :unsure:

We ended up in a pub in Bridgend somewhere singing Karaoke, woke up in the hotel room this morning with a nasty hangover and with no recollection of the last few hours of the night :o

I went to see my client in Ebbw Vale today and he informed me that the women in Bridgend are easy but if you like really easy, drunk women then a night out in Swansea is what you need ;):hmm:

I also have experienced the ease at which swansea girls went to bed with me,this was 16 year ago mind! Loved it there,and would fight for the job so I could go there, nowhere else apart from newcastle have I pulled so easily. Let's have a pw meet there!