Fox stomach contents

if I can find the link to some research done that was on the Farmers weekly site I'll bung it up but they reckoned their research indicated about 11% of a foxes diet was Hares and if you wanted to help the Brown hare then shoot the foxes. The bit of ground I have been hitting foxes hard on over the last two years we've found exactly this and also the Grey Partridges are doing much better, as for splitting them I take it you're single at the moment :good:

edit

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2010/10/15/1...brown-hares.htm

Edited by al4x

Back in the 70s we took part in a survey for the Institute for Terrestrial Ecology in Banchory Aberdeenshire we provided fox carcases they post mortemed them and paid us £1 each for them. We also got up to £28 a pelt for the skins and claimed £1 a tail from the local destruction club we bought our first landrover with this money. all the data was lost when antis burnt down the Institute.We also did a survey as part of the Govt contingency plans against rabies and mapped out fox earths and badger sets with map references so that they could be gassed in the event of an outbreak.