Pheasent Shoot

lurcherboy

I was beating on my regular shoot and got the chance to back/flank gun. Nice one I thought to myself free shooting for LB.

5th drive out I am on a flank and I saw a bird, mounted, tracked and shot it.

Unfotunetly it was one of the 'keepers guinea fowl :*)

Cost? £ 50.00 :devil:

No problem I thought, apologise and buy a round in the boozer, mistake.

Round cost me £32.00 and to add insult to injury I am now fitting brake pads to the 'keepers motor F.O.C.

So the moral of the story is make sure when you lift them barrels you know what your shooting no matter what!!!

LB

unlucky, i was on my uncles shoot when i heard a dog attack a guinea fowl and then saw the guinea fowl fly across the field down near a river later on a dog caught the guinea fowl in the river(duhhh fowl), funny thing was that it was my uncles dog and he is shoot captain and keeper of his own shoot. duhhh

flash :devil::D:D:lol:

LB, I was at a "commercial shoot" in Surrey some years ago and it was awful, with most birds coming over the guns about 20ft high.

The "Gamekeeper" was moaning at the Guns for not taking these birds and generally being an Ahole.

We had been warned about the white pheasant and the £25 fine for shooting it, but at the next to last drive of the day it presented itself.

I had paid a lot of money to fire about 10 cartidges up till then, but the white phesant came screaming down the field, so high it had a vapour trail behind it, straight towards me.

I could hear the "Gamekeeper" shouting something like " 'ware white pheasant, don't shoot ", but I raised my gun , came through the bird, fired and it dropped six feet in front of me.

I stuck a £20 and £5 note on my peg marking stick and walked off the field , back to my vehicle and drove home.

It was a lovely feeling. :devil:

I could hear the "Gamekeeper" shouting something like " 'ware white pheasant, don't shoot ", but I raised my gun , came through the bird, fired and it dropped six feet in front of me.

I stuck a £20 and £5 note on my peg marking stick and walked off the field , back to my vehicle and drove home.

It was a lovely feeling. :devil:

Was it mentioned when you were invited back? :D