CZ 452 not firing

kyska

Hi all,

My CZ seems to have stopped wo9rking properly. Its been fine since I've had it,but on friday I went out and its not working now, it'll fire a round, but sometimes it'll just click when I pull the trigger, there isn't a mark on the rim of the cartridge.

Does the bolt just need a strip (I've not done this before) or should it go to a smith?

K

Edited by kyska

I once put my CZ bolt in my pocket with a can of red bull when out lamping, popped the can and went all over bolt, next day try to use completely forgetting, same thing happened, i just boiled it in scorching hot water on the hob and then took it out to dry! The metal gets soo hot its dries quickly! Since that I have learnt how to disassemble it and there is no rust etc

Has the trigger ever been played with ?

Are you sure it is actually cocking when the bolt is cycled ?

Neil.

Yea, its clicking, it does fire ok, but say 1 out of 5 don't ignite, as I said there isn't a mark on the rim so its not striking.

Yea, its clicking, it does fire ok, but say 1 out of 5 don't ignite, as I said there isn't a mark on the rim so its not striking.

Then you need to strip the bolt down, two possible causes, broken spring (never seen or heard of one doing that) or rust/other cr?p in the bolt body stopping the pin from going right forward.

Neil.

Edited by Hornet 6

Agree with other comments....

I had a similar problem

Strip the bolt and clean any muck. I managed so you will.

If you are stripping it, replace the spring anyway. cheap precautionary measure as factory spring can lose power. I noticed a far more positive strike after doing this.

If this doesnt fix it inspect the firing pin itself for damage.

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=3

cheers

shaun

Edited by peek-at

Without stripping the bolt you'll never know.

As the bolt is easier to check than a faulty trigger try the bolt first.

Also check the safety hasn't partially come out, just push back in to the hole in the bolt not the lever part.

My safety works It's way out a little every now & then, worth checking that as well.

While talking of bolt stripping, has you seen this little gadget ??