Building a shooting range

Hunter

Saying that, I was considering building a high seat as well as the small shooting range.

I meant shooting from sticks if the need arised Hunter ............Especially on flattish ground ............Build your high seat by all means but what are you intending to shoot ??................Do you intend baiting a specific area all the time ?.....Have you got the patience to sit for hours on end because I know I haven't

Ive

i would have thought you would be better off having it cleared as a piece of land to shoot on.

to my knoledge you dont need to tell plod that you intend to zero there regually. (although shooting the .222 alot might grab the attention of others)

i dont see how having an area custom made to zero on is any different to when we go out to a permission and zero against a soil bank.

hopefully some other members can clarify whether it is OK to zero on your own permission as long as the land is cleared. does plod need to know??

i would have thought he wouldnt care as long as your the only user of it.

hopefully some other members can clarify whether it is OK to zero on your own permission as long as the land is cleared. does plod need to know??

In the conditions of use section on your Cert it needs to say For the purpose of zeroing AS WELL as pest control..............If you'd like Nick I'll e-mail you my Portable Backstop ..Pm me with your contact if your interested :rolleyes:

Ive

Alot of effort going to waste here ..............IF and when you progress on to CTR FIRE to get the full benefit of practice you need something that'll give you a range of 200yds +

But eh! ..........If you get alot of satisfaction in undertaking these types of projects who am I to Interfere .............Carry on :rolleyes:

Ive

All these posts trying to stop me building the range just encourages me more :/

I took a day off work to do some work on the range instead.. theres several weeks of work to be done on it, so I may have some freinds over on the weekend. Depends on weather/time though.

All these posts trying to stop me building the range just encourages me more :o

I took a day off work to do some work on the range instead.. theres several weeks of work to be done on it, so I may have some freinds over on the weekend. Depends on weather/time though.

Go for it son and good luck :/

LB

I think you should do it its all fun at the end of the day i helped my friend dig out a fishing pool and its was as much fun digging the pool out than it is fishing it. i would love to have a place like that to take on a project like that one. GO for it man ;):D

Regards The Gibbon