pellets for bsa lightning xl 177cal

pimpkiller

can anyone recommend decent pellets for my gun please. Ive tried rws superdomes that i find have too large a skirt that stays protruding in the barrel. H&N field target trophy that fit a bit tight but seem a little heavy and inacurate. Ive also tried bsa interceptors (hollow point) which fit lovely and are cheap but dirty and poor quality. Any recommendations please? caliber specific 177 thanks.

can anyone recommend decent pellets for my gun please. Ive tried rws superdomes that i find have too large a skirt that stays protruding in the barrel. H&N field target trophy that fit a bit tight but seem a little heavy and inacurate. Ive also tried bsa interceptors (hollow point) which fit lovely and are cheap but dirty and poor quality. Any recommendations please? caliber specific 177 thanks.

Get rid, worst gun i ever owned , could not get a good group with any pellet,

Cheers nick

Got one, came with a freebie tin of Webley Pówa Pells, ok ish but at 15 yards or so definite over pen prob.

A few of the lads on here have said that their L XLs like RWS Superdomes, so I got a tin and have to say they're

right. So don't know what your prob' may be.

BSA Elites are not too bad but don't expect consistency.

I think its down to trial & error, find out which pells your gun is happy with & stick to them.

You can get sample packs of a mixture of different pellets from several suppliers,give it a try. Its not an expensive way to narrow you're guns preferences.

ATB

Bri

The only sure way is to try different pellets in differing sizes (4.50, 4.51 and 4.52). I've just bought a sample pack of 24 of the top pellet types/sizes to make sure I'm getting the most out of my gun (£14 from ebay so much cheaper than buying a tin of each).

Every gun is a bit different and you need to find the pellet that gives the most accurate and consistant results.