Info Needed

Rab Graham

Right Before I Start I'd Like To Say Hi Hows You's Doing ?

Now On To The Business :P

As You's Can Probs See Im New To The Site & Im Just Wondering If There Is Any Body Out There That Can Help Me ?

My Mate Just Bought A Cometa 200 .22 Air Rifle For £30 Of A Friend Of A Friend Theres Hardly A Pellet Been Fired Thu It In 4 Years ( Was It Worth The £30 ) & Was Wondering What Sort Of Power Comes Out It ?

& Whats Your Takes On The Gun? .

& Thanks In Advance ;)

Right Before I Start I'd Like To Say Hi Hows You's Doing ?

Now On To The Business :P

As You's Can Probs See Im New To The Site & Im Just Wondering If There Is Any Body Out There That Can Help Me ?

My Mate Just Bought A Cometa 200 .22 Air Rifle For £30 Of A Friend Of A Friend Theres Hardly A Pellet Been Fired Thu It In 4 Years ( Was It Worth The £30 ) & Was Wondering What Sort Of Power Comes Out It ?

& Whats Your Takes On The Gun? .

& Thanks In Advance ;)

You don't need a capital letter at the start if every word - it makes it harder to read!

Cometa 200 normally produces about 9fpe at the muzzle (a bit more than a ratcatcher).

Good for practise an short range rat-blatting. Rabbits at close range if marksmanship is up to it.

If the rifle has been stood for a few yers, it might be worth taking it to an airgun smith to give it the once over.

ATB

Duncan :yp:

You don't need a capital letter at the start if every word - it makes it harder to read!

Cometa 200 normally produces about 9fpe at the muzzle (a bit more than a ratcatcher).

Good for practise an short range rat-blatting. Rabbits at close range if marksmanship is up to it.

If the rifle has been stood for a few yers, it might be worth taking it to an airgun smith to give it the once over.

ATB

Duncan :yp:

cheers for the reply ;) & about the capital letters @ the start of each word just trying to make the post look tidy ;):P

They are good enough guns and you got a bargin. They are not top of the line but far from the bottom so you should enjoy it and get experience using it. it is not the most powerful, as said above but it will certainly stop a rabbit and will make sure you learn the right field craft, which is far more important than a couple of ft/lbs.

Zero it properly and it will be a useful tool and a great stepping stone into the world of shooting. I started with a far less useful Chinese rifle, and now enjoy shooting most weeks with a FAC rifle or shotgun.

Enjoy and learn!

They are good enough guns and you got a bargin. They are not top of the line but far from the bottom so you should enjoy it and get experience using it. it is not the most powerful, as said above but it will certainly stop a rabbit and will make sure you learn the right field craft, which is far more important than a couple of ft/lbs.

Zero it properly and it will be a useful tool and a great stepping stone into the world of shooting. I started with a far less useful Chinese rifle, and now enjoy shooting most weeks with a FAC rifle or shotgun.

Enjoy and learn!

;) cheers mate will let him know :D

I have a cometa 220 and honestly have more fun with it than my PCPs. I've taken off the scope and enjoy having a light rifle that isn't too precious to lug through mud, brambles and barbed wire, etc. It's basic but accurate enough to pick off thistle heads at 20 yrds with open sights. Great for ratting :good:

Enjoy :)

Sounds like the mainsprings gone.

At the price that was paid for it, its definitely worth putting right. Either DIY (if you have a good idea of what you are doing, if not, an airgunsmith should be able to put it right quickly and cheaply. :good:

If you weren't so far away, I'd pop over and give you a hand.

:yes:

Duncan

Edited by The Duncan

Sounds like the mainsprings gone.

At the price that was paid for it, its definitely worth putting right. Either DIY (if you have a good idea of what you are doing, if not, an airgunsmith should be able to put it right quickly and cheaply. :good:

If you weren't so far away, I'd pop over and give you a hand.

:yes:

Duncan

got it sorted took the thing apart moved the spring about then sprayed it with wd-40 :o & it seems to work fine now :hmm: ( was probs covered in **** ) :good:

Strip it down and get rid of all traces of WD40-it will find its way onto the piston head and start detonating-the gun could well break beyond repair.You need to use silicone oil on the piston head and a tiny amounbt of Moly Grease on the piston itself-anything else is asking for trouble.It might pay you to replace the spring and breach washer to bring the guns performance up to scratch.

Strip it down and get rid of all traces of WD40-it will find its way onto the piston head and start detonating-the gun could well break beyond repair.You need to use silicone oil on the piston head and a tiny amounbt of Moly Grease on the piston itself-anything else is asking for trouble.It might pay you to replace the spring and breach washer to bring the guns performance up to scratch.

nice1 Bruno will do ;)