I need another plinking pistol

Edward

After selling my umarex cp sport to fund my winerack, i now miss plinking with a pistol. The cps was an 8 shot pellet and I rather fancy a steel bb with a huge mag. only for shooting cans etc :good:

I dont want to spend over £100. Umarex seem to be quite good so the ones I was thinking about:

Heckler & Koch USP (the co2 is fitted with an allen key) £80

Colt Defender (all metal) £80 this is the main one Im thinking about.

Berreta Elite 2 £90

Smith & Wesson M&P (same as a crossman c11 but almost twice the price) £100

any expericance of the above or suggestions on others to consider?? :good:

the 1911 style "new colt special combat" pistol by umarex available of pellpax is really good and looks the buisness, read some reviews on review center and youtube it seems to be really good, http://www.pellpax.co.uk/acatalog/Umarex_Pistols.html you'll see what i mean it looks amazing!

also the Gamo p23 is rather good, internal magazine i get about 80 shots from mine and its ancient ( the final 20 dropping lower fps), 12 rnd internal mag (bb's) or single shot with pellets, get like 400fps out if it, mines ancient and must be a really early model, it must be 7 ish years old now, and so the fps has dropped used some co2 oil stuff helped lubricate ect, i love mine its brilliant.

I had the Pt80, broke on the first magazine full of pellets, Abs internals not up to the job.

I`m looking to get the new Cybergun Sig P226 X5 later this week all metal construction,blowback 4.5mmBB, do a search on youtube, you`ll be impressed, seen it listed as low as £99.

good build quality then :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well just to bring this back up, I bought that defender. and on the 2nd co2 it jammed and all the co2 leaked out in one go and that knackerd the seal :angry: so i sent that back and im going to pick up a benjamin eb17 soon hopefully :good: not so much as a plinker but more for humane dispatch in traps etc

I have just had a second thought about the eb17 its either that in 2nd hand form or a new 2240 ratbuster in .22 which i can get an adaptor and put the scilencer off my winerack onto and maybe a stock :hmm:

What do ye reckon the the 2240 v eb17 :hmm:

I use my 2240 rat-buster for accurate garden shooting and humane dispatch - which it does very well.

It is, of course, a single-shot - which might inhibit you if you just want to blast away at targets

I use my 2240 rat-buster for accurate garden shooting and humane dispatch - which it does very well.

It is, of course, a single-shot - which might inhibit you if you just want to blast away at targets

I have a bit of a rat problem at the mo and I think a fullish power single shot will be more useful :yes:

Do you reckon you could take down a rat at 10-15yrd :hmm:

I have a bit of a rat problem at the mo and I think a fullish power single shot will be more useful :yes:

Do you reckon you could take down a rat at 10-15yrd :hmm:

I've never shot a rat.

I have killed a squirrel (head shot) at about 10 yards - but the pistol would not be my weapon of choice at anything other than very short range.

The general view on here (as I found when I aired the question some 2 years ago) is that pistols are not really suitable for vermin control, and that you would do better with an air-rifle.

I suppose it depends how restricted your shooting area is - If you can't quickly sight a rifle, then perhaps a pistol may be OK, but I generally use my rifles on pigeons and squirrels.

Edited by amateur

I picked up my 2240 this morning and spend a bit of time fiddling with it to make it into more of a ratbuster, the torch was a bit of an after thought because I had it kicking around I thought I would pop it on. I have ordered a scilencer adaptor to put my weirauch silencer onto it. then its watch out rats :good:

post-5450-0-80356300-1296910001.jpg

I picked up my 2240 this morning and spend a bit of time fiddling with it to make it into more of a ratbuster, the torch was a bit of an after thought because I had it kicking around I thought I would pop it on. I have ordered a scilencer adaptor to put my weirauch silencer onto it. then its watch out rats :good:

Good choice - let us know how you get on