move on up

welsh warrior

Good choice welsh warrior (although i use a 22-250 :P )but ask for all vermin, fox and ground game.

Some forces do not regard fox as vermin and want it listed seperately, ground game allows you to shoot hares.

Ian.

Ask for......

Vermin, Ground Game and Any Other Lawful Quarry.

That covers all the bases including everything you can't think of! :good:

Of Yes, and Zeroing and a Moderator and expanding ammo plus anything else I forgot! :good:

North of the border to yourself, when i applied for grant twelve months ago 22lr 223 44 rifle and 44 black powder i was told i could only shoot on land with the 22lr rest of the guns club use only, for the 223 i was told i would have to go with a friend with a open ticket for a while and only shoot with his gun! as N W Police have no mentoring provision. I waited for four months and applied for change of use to include land with the 223 the land had to be inspected a letter from my friend to confirm i had been with him a few times. I had a phone call a couple of weeks ago from FO asking to explain about the vermin control that i had written on the application form it sound as if i will only be allowed fox and Zeroing. It will be interesting to see the wording when the certificate comes back.

I have been a full member at the local rifle club for three years. I feel that some police forces or individual feo's try their best to put you off applying for a firearm, it is about time that all police forces should have the same polices and not make things so complicated for people.

The .223 that i bought was a Tikka T3 Super varmint S&B 2.5-10x56 and a wildcat mod very accurate rifle.

I'm sure the Howa will do the job fine. Personally I'm a real fan of CZs because they make a scaled down action to suit the case length but it's an each to their own thing. Apart from the odd rifle that gets a bad reputation (like the flexible fore end on the Mannlicher pro hunter mk1 etc) almost all will shoot to an acceptable field standard.

I too think that .223 is a good choice. It is plenty for Fox but not that big that the FEO will get twitchy about it. It's a good respectable Fox calibre, nothing fancy but it works. Ammunition is widely available too.

Don't forget to ask for a moderator as others have said. I don't know if you've shot centrefire rifles before but if you haven't it will be a bit of a surprise, especially if you don't put a mod on it!

I'm sure the Howa will do the job fine. Personally I'm a real fan of CZs because they make a scaled down action to suit the case length but it's an each to their own thing. Apart from the odd rifle that gets a bad reputation (like the flexible fore end on the Mannlicher pro hunter mk1 etc) almost all will shoot to an acceptable field standard.

I too think that .223 is a good choice. It is plenty for Fox but not that big that the FEO will get twitchy about it. It's a good respectable Fox calibre, nothing fancy but it works. Ammunition is widely available too.

Don't forget to ask for a moderator as others have said. I don't know if you've shot centrefire rifles before but if you haven't it will be a bit of a surprise, especially if you don't put a mod on it!

sa80 m14 hows that lol ..must say it was in newzeland lol got my forms right now will be sent in the morning

quick quesntions .... when it asks me how much ammo i have got at the time of the application should i put the exact ammount of what i have in 22 lr and 17 hmr ? sorry if thats a silly question .....and what should i put for ... ammo i want in my possesion at any one time and ammo i want to purchease at any one time ? also where do i say i want a mod for my rifle ?

quick quesntions .... when it asks me how much ammo i have got at the time of the application should i put the exact ammount of what i have in 22 lr and 17 hmr ? sorry if thats a silly question .....and what should i put for ... ammo i want in my possesion at any one time and ammo i want to purchease at any one time ? also where do i say i want a mod for my rifle ?

Yes put down all the 22 and 17 ammo you have for the ammount you want to buy hold depends on wether you are going to reload or not. I have buy 200 and hold 300 on my c/f. As for the mod put that down next to the gun itself ie 223 rifle + moderator.

I've always filled out a seperate box for the moderator. It's classed as a seperate firearm so needs the whole lot doing again. Just a small word of advice, try your luck at asking for a centrefire moderator - having them calibre specific can be a right pain if you change calibres later!

ok thanks guys for the help again :good:..how long does a variation take to be done ? is it as long as the first time i went for a firearm cert ? wups nearly forgot how much is it ?

Time wise it's the old piece of string malarkey.

If you want a variation for a .338 Win Mag and you only have FAC Air now it could take a long time (or very short time :lol: ), but generally a bit quicker than first application.

£26.