Should I be honest?

Snap Cap

I think it would have been better for ME to just say I made a mistake on the reply I posted .

Instead a Moderator has waved there magic wand and it all forgotten.

Not the best advert for honest law abiding gun owners IMHO.

Cheers OTH

well said.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the Moderators can straight this whole mess out it will be a sad day for this forum if either of the topic are deleted or locked.

So I hope the Mods do the right thing for forum as a whole rather than protection indviduals .

I hope we can maintain a fair balanced forum for us all as there is no I in TEAM.

Regards OTH

If I could legitimately stiff a large faceless organisation like a Bank, but in a morally corrupt way then I would seize that opportunity with both hands.

There is an ancient bit of case law concerning a woman, who, by a bank error (Barclays if I recall), had a bundle of money dumped by accident into her account. She reported it to the Bank who weren't interested and over time she drew the lot down, spent it and closed the account.

The Bank twigged the gravity of it on some annual audit many moons later and then tried to recover the money. I can't recall if the matter was reported to the police under the Theft Act.

Now then, for the moralistic on here, yes she knew that the money wasn't hers and yes she tried to bring the mistake to the attention of the bank but nonetheless when she spent that money, she was spending money that wasn't hers and she knew it.

Long story short, the Court held that she could keep the dosh because she had made extensive attempts to draw the error to the attention of the bank.

Incidentally, I have had wrong stuff delivered by large faceless companies and if you phone the very helpful call centre in India (the details of which will be somewhere on the delivery documentation) and you explain slowly and with absolute clarity what has happened..... I bet you a fridge freezer from Comet that they will do **** all about it and you will legitmately win yourself a free fridge freezer [insert details of other goods here].

Done it, seen it and have the "I got two fridge freezers delivered by Comet and only charged for 1 despite bringing it to their attention and inviting them to collect the extra one delivered by mistake T-shirt".

Incidentally, if those occupying the moral high ground would wish print this thread and deliver it to your local constabulary with a copy of the Theft Act I can write down the two words that the desk sergent will send you packing with...

Only the Moderators can straight this whole mess out it will be a sad day for this forum if either of the topic are deleted or locked.

So I hope the Mods do the right thing for forum as a whole rather than protection indviduals .

I hope we can maintain a fair balanced forum for us all as there is no I in TEAM.

Regards OTH

I agree mate :rolleyes: ,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Since this topic was posted, information has come to light regarding the ability of certain members to edit their posts, which was something that the moderating team were not aware of. I thought that this feature had been removed, but it hadn't. This is explained here: http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/150343-members-editing-posts/

As such I believe that this topic has run it's course and closed.