Crow's

Wait till the crow is past and flying away, this way your shot passes under the feathers not through them and travels deeper to the vitals.  Its  a trick we use on the canada geese we get here ( we have the largest of the five sub- spicies) and as simple as it sounds it really does work. Your other option is to drop down to a number 4 shot that will stop them on the pass shot.

im new to shooting and have started off with crows and rooks .........had some success with an owl and 3 decoys but find that as soon as i move the crows are off ,so its difficult getting the calling and holding of gun at shooting level coordinated ,im using a 30"m/c lanber a heavy gun i think,got the chance of a trade in to a berreta silver pigeon fixed choke 12g lovely gun ,im using clear pigeon in the lanber it takes out the rooks no prob but i get quite a few runners on the big crows ,me or the clear pigeon ,comments please,plenty of woodies around but not on my farms ,no sheep either just cattle and they are inside,pigeons just wont come down ,im hoping when the farmer starts ploughing to grow his silage and straw etcthey will decoy,im in newcastle

The clear pigeon should be fine, but dont skimp on the choke with 6's. if you go for open chokes (as I do) you will need 6.5 or 7 shot to keep the pattern going longer. Runners are either a near miss or have gone through a hole in your pattern.

There is plenty of power in 6-7 shot for crows and rooks but I think the body of a crow is smaller than a pigeon. Thus you must make sure that you have a tighter pattern ie. more choke or more shot (smaller shot or bigger load).