NETS

LIDLOR

What is the mesh for because purse nets are boat shaped holes not square... Also it would be hard to explain pictures etc in books would be a better help

What you been drinkin then George :sly:

Course the holes in a purse net are square. I've made enough of the blo*dy things to know mate :thumbs:

If you didnt have the rings on the end and just lay the net out the holes are all square, the just get distorted when you pinch the meshes at the ends.

What is the mesh for because purse nets are boat shaped holes not square... Also it would be hard to explain pictures etc in books would be a better help

What you been drinkin then George :sly:

Course the holes in a purse net are square. I've made enough of the blo*dy things to know mate :thumbs:

If you didnt have the rings on the end and just lay the net out the holes are all square, the just get distorted when you pinch the meshes at the ends.

Or hang them off the draw cord .I think they are on about nets that are made to hang square of a draw cord Old Rooster

Hi All , Yes the square mesh netting that i was enquiring about was I.E. Goal nets , nets as in camo netting, gate nets , all of which "hang square" . Anyway it was just something i thought someone may have had knowledge of . When you knit it you end up with an "edging " around it . I have knit some of this many years ago but can't remember how i did it , no matter . Regards bb :)

Hi All , Yes the square mesh netting that i was enquiring about was I.E. Goal nets , nets as in camo netting, gate nets , all of which "hang square" . Anyway it was just something i thought someone may have had knowledge of . When you knit it you end up with an "edging " around it . I have knit some of this many years ago but can't remember how i did it , no matter . Regards bb :)

I have a little booklet that i was given when i was a lad that shows u how to make the them and if i can find it a i will scan it and send it on to u baikiel boy

Hi All, johnskevena, thanks very much ,it wouldnt happen to be about 3 1/2" x5" and of a yellow colour . I seem to remember one from the distant past , put out by Young's of Misterton , Somerset . henry d yes i do recall soming of that nature , last year i thought oh i'll knit a square mesh net . WHAT a mess couldnt get it right :) . I just thought it may have been of some use to some of the member's to be able to knit a square mesh net . misfire thanks for the information i'll look it up . Regards bb

Hi All, johnskevena, thanks very much ,it wouldnt happen to be about 3 1/2" x5" and of a yellow colour . I seem to remember one from the distant past , put out by Young's of Misterton , Somerset . henry d yes i do recall soming of that nature , last year i thought oh i'll knit a square mesh net . WHAT a mess couldnt get it right :) . I just thought it may have been of some use to some of the member's to be able to knit a square mesh net . misfire thanks for the information i'll look it up . Regards bb

If memory Serves me right yes it is and i think it is called the art of netting B.B