Dry or wet or both

mpk

I have a black lab and am currently feeding a mix of wet and dry food. I want to start feeding maybe skinners or something along those lines. Should I still feed him some dry and wet together or just dry on it's own. I know feeding in both is incorrect and I probably shouldn't be doing it at present! What's the best way and does a dry food substitute all that's needed for his growth etc?

Cheers all

A good quality complete (or dry) food will give him all he needs.

But you mix and match just and there are no issues then there's no reason not to feed complete and wet food together, I believe they digest at different rates so with some dogs there are issues with solidity of what they "process" and wind.

I have a black lab and am currently feeding a mix of wet and dry food. I want to start feeding maybe skinners or something along those lines. Should I still feed him some dry and wet together or just dry on it's own. I know feeding in both is incorrect and I probably shouldn't be doing it at present! What's the best way and does a dry food substitute all that's needed for his growth etc?

Cheers all

I've got 2 labs, one of whom is a very fussy eater. They get dry kibble with a bit of Davies Chub mixed in for another flavour, they seem to love it and it hasnt done weither of them any harm. It's described as a complementary food designed to be mixed with kibble. One of the reasons for feeding dry is for their teeth, this stuff doent soak into the kibble so they still get the crucnh to clean their fangs!

AB

Edited by blackla

My terrier has a regime wet and dry that has worked rather well. He gets wet complete food (pedigree chum pouches )once a day in the evening, which he has been trained to eat immediately. He has access to lamb and rice Eukanuba complete to eat through the day as he sees fit.

Despite being incredibly keen on all human foodstuffs - (he even ate a brussel sprout at Christmas :lol: ), he does not pig out on the eukanuba - I guess its edible without being interesting and he eats what he needs to He seems to instinctively eat more on colder days or more active days and less on warmer and less active days.

He's incredibly fit on this diet with clean teeth (he's only 3 1/2 years old mind) and he only farts when he's aquired an excess of human food! ( note to self - Could i get my housemate to eat eukanuba? :hmm: )