SGC application

The Duncan

Hi all,

I applied for my sgc a few weeks ago to run coterminously with my FAC and filled in the applicationetc as normal, putting on a good character witness.

I had my visit a week ago and saw my character witness yesterday.

The FEO has ok'd my sgc and said it will be with me in a couple of weeks, my character witness said he's had no call or anything from the police.

Are they just not bothering as I already have my FAC? Is this normal?

ATB

Duncan

For my initial SGC/FAC they never contacted either of my FAC referees or my SGC co-sig.

When I put in a variation for a .243 the FEO wanted to know what experience I had and I gave the name, address and licence number of a mate whose .243 I'd been using. The FEO wrote it all down but never spoke to him.

• 2 weeks later...

ive recently applied for my first SGC and ive got my visit from the firearms officer tomorrow, as far as i know my reference hasnt been contacted, as i seen her son and he asked me if i'd heard back yet!

but then again she is a civil servant who works for the military so maybe thats why!!

I had a visit for my first ever SGC last week, and I don't have FAC.

I quoted a bit of experience with a shotgun and the guy I shoot with, but my reference has not been contacted. I wonder if they do it as a personal judgement after their visit, only if they think it's necessary?

Should have my cert in about 2 weeks now, can't wait!

There's nothing like that moment when you get home (after waiting what feels like a lifetime) and finding the certificate has arrived. I remember it well! Just remember to sign it before you go to the shop - I nearly forgot and signed mine in the car as I pulled up outside :blush:

Enjoy - and be safe. Don't be afraid or embarassed to ask any 'daft' questions if you are unsure of any detail with the new rifle or shotgun if you are new to it.

Steve

There's nothing like that moment when you get home (after waiting what feels like a lifetime) and finding the certificate has arrived. I remember it well! Just remember to sign it before you go to the shop - I nearly forgot and signed mine in the car as I pulled up outside :blush:

Enjoy - and be safe. Don't be afraid or embarassed to ask any 'daft' questions if you are unsure of any detail with the new rifle or shotgun if you are new to it.

Steve

i remember my fac hitting the floor ,mrs rang to tell me so i left work early , grabbed ticket and went straight to shop to get my cz which i had on hold since the day i put my application in ! spent a fortune that day ! happy dayz