Crow decoy

badger.22cal

hi,

From looking at conversations on this website and searching the internet, owl decoys for crows seem to be abit hit and miss.I myself have never seen corvids chase or hinder an owl although im sure they do, however on the 2 permissions that i have there are alot of buzzards and they go mental even attacking them in flight. Just seems that there are no buzzard decoys out there unless im looking in the wrong place, anybody agree or anybody that has made a buzzard decoy ??? Just a though... <_<

• 2 years later...

Had an idea a couple of years back but never followed it up-feel free to go with it if you think its sound.On the bay you can buy "weasel balls"-a tennis ball sized ball with a piece of string fitted to it that has a fur "weasel" attached.The ball is battery operated and rolls around in different directions giving the impression that the weasel is playing with (or attacking?) the ball.If the ball were covered in fur and switched on in the open along with a rabbit squeeler nearby,I reckon the crows would go bonkers near it?

Had an idea a couple of years back but never followed it up-feel free to go with it if you think its sound.On the bay you can buy "weasel balls"-a tennis ball sized ball with a piece of string fitted to it that has a fur "weasel" attached.The ball is battery operated and rolls around in different directions giving the impression that the weasel is playing with (or attacking?) the ball.If the ball were covered in fur and switched on in the open along with a rabbit squeeler nearby,I reckon the crows would go bonkers near it?

look at my post on homemade deek,lol

its amazing that a lot of people say that bird of prey deeks don't work,

I'm on a falconry course at the moment, walking with a harris hawk, the seagulls and crows catch sight and start circuling, Im sure if it was pegged out in a feild, it would start getting mobbed

maybe this would work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-PLASTIC-HAWK-BIRD-ORNAMENT-DETERENT-GARDEN-PONDS-/200617017437?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_GardenOrnaments_JN&hash=item2eb5b4c05d