Plasti Dip

mike9965

Issue sorted with supplier,and had a new can sent. I did my BRNO 22LR rifle stock. The Plasti Dip went on great, but I bought the lacquer to seal the rubber, and to give the stock some extra protection, but it came in a tin, not spray can. I painted it on with a brush, but it does not look as good as it would have been with the spray.

You can actually buy a pressurised can off them to use with the laquer, which is what I should have done, but, as it's an old rifle, it looks okay. I also coated my SAK & DM80 moderator's as well.

I'm thinking of doing the CZ452 stock now.

the one think i have found when i done my stock was that i get quite a bit of white residue probs off my hands

and when it starts to look tatty it does look tatty

i have now removed it but intend to do it again

i must admit i did do a bit of a rush job when i sprayed it

is there a knack of coating to make it more durable

i found the slightest rubbing against trees or postst and the rubber would tear

maybe laquer would do the job but wouldnt this cover the stickyness

the one think i have found when i done my stock was that i get quite a bit of white residue probs off my hands

and when it starts to look tatty it does look tatty

i have now removed it but intend to do it again

i must admit i did do a bit of a rush job when i sprayed it

is there a knack of coating to make it more durable

i found the slightest rubbing against trees or postst and the rubber would tear

maybe laquer would do the job but wouldnt this cover the stickyness

As I mentioned earlier, I bought the lacquer, because it is supposed to strengthen and protect the rubber even more. It looks okay, apart from a few brush marks that can be seen, but it is not 'sticky' to the touch.

Steve.

The laquer would cover and protect it ,but I would imagine that this then gives off a sheen .I would be more inclined to add more coats, which would in turn help protect it further and stop any ripping or tearing when leaning it against trees ect..

Mine has had three good thick coats ,and after each coat give it a blast with the hairdryer .

I tied a bit of string to each of the screws (bipod /strap) and this allowed me to rotate the stock to prevent any runs ,due to the thickness that the paint was applied .

You could give it more thinner coats as this would give the same effect and you wouldnt have to worry about any runs with this .

I wish I had found this stuff sooner , Its soft to touch and gives that extra bit of comfort.

Darren

As I mentioned earlier, I bought the lacquer, because it is supposed to strengthen and protect the rubber even more. It looks okay, apart from a few brush marks that can be seen, but it is not 'sticky' to the touch.

Steve.

Steve if the laquer isnt like the rubber based spray ,you could maybe try rubbing this down with some 1500 wet and dry .This should remove the brush marks and reduce any glare (if any) If you think the laquer is too thin then simply give it a couple of coats and then use the wet and dry ,this would build up the protection even further .

Darren