Shooting Times

big bad lindz

I have always been of the understanding that it is custom and practice for shooting times on the foreshore to be

1 hour before and after sunrise and again at sunset.

Is this only a guideline ?. I am thinking about shooting this weeks high tide around midday to late afternoon before the sunset at around 1645ish. I appriciate that there are not many other people up and about on the shore at

silly `O` clock when I normially shoot so I will have to be on the lookout for other people at this time of the day.

Whats the general feeling about this and is there any specific no go times appart form Sundays & Christmas.

Cheers,

BBL

No there aren`t any specific times, shooting at dawn and dusk is basically because the fowl will(generally) be moving at this time.

As you say you will be shooting in the middle of the day during the top of the tide, this will also make the fowl move as their roosts and feeding areas will be covered. I`ve done this before and it can be good, but it is better if you have reccied the place before.

Best wishes for a successful shoot.

No there aren`t any specific times, shooting at dawn and dusk is basically because the fowl will(generally) be moving at this time.

As you say you will be shooting in the middle of the day during the top of the tide, this will also make the fowl move as their roosts and feeding areas will be covered. I`ve done this before and it can be good, but it is better if you have reccied the place before.

Best wishes for a successful shoot.

Thanks Henery

The place that I am thinking of going I have passed many times to and from other areas where I have shoot before so I have a rough idea as to where I might set up but wont know what the duck will be doing.