newbie from shropshire/n wales

lee wales

Hi all..

Thought id say hello here first...

Just getting back into shooting after a fair few years off.

Own a few guns being~ w & j davis birmingham sbs, master sbs, an rizzini o/u m/c..

Im thinking of changing the rizzini at the moment for either a lanber or bettinsoli...

Which is the better gun??

Im using the gun for game(rabbits..crows..pigeons)

thanks in advance for your replys.

Looks like the pair of you are not to far from me as well. Out of the 2 the Lanber seams to get the better reviews, at the end of the day it is which ever one that fits you best. Get one the fits you wrongly means you won't be happy shooting and you may feel uncomfortable using it and will want to change the gun.

Paul off topic if you don't mind which grounds do use in shroppy.

Hi, never done a lot of clay shooting only at Minsterly and once at Doveridge. Hodnet, on the doorstep don't do much pay as you shoot. A couple of great guy's off here have offered to help me out this summer. What have you in mind? Open to any help/ meet ups.

atvb Paul.

Just thinking a way to possably to meet up and lee wales and yourself could be a way for lee to try out his new gun if the ones he looks at are suitable and he gets one. I tend to use Doveridge, west mids shooting ground and for a quick afternoon out Milride (a bit basic shall we say compared with the others).

Edited by BerettaSV10

Just thinking a way to possably to meet up and lee wales to try out his new gun if the ones he looks at are suitable and he gets one. I tend to use Doveridge, west mids shooting ground and for a quick afternoon out Milride (a bit basic shall we say compared with the others).

All for meeting up! the next couple of weekends are manic for me but after that its doable, Lee, how do you feel about that? I feel some pm's inbound!

atvb Paul.

Hi all..

Thought id say hello here first...

Just getting back into shooting after a fair few years off.

Own a few guns being~ w & j davis birmingham sbs, master sbs, an rizzini o/u m/c..

Im thinking of changing the rizzini at the moment for either a lanber or bettinsoli...

Which is the better gun??

Im using the gun for game(rabbits..crows..pigeons)

thanks in advance for your replys.

Could well be some PM's.

To put the thread back on track, Lee n your OP I missed the bit where you were going to use the gun for game(rabbits..crows..pigeons), are the guns you are looking at the sporter or game versions of the guns and do you want to shoot clays?

If you are after purly a game gun and your budget is a bit higher one that could well be worth looking at as well is the new Beretta silver pigeon 1 at under £1200 (think it has a auto saftey fitted). If you are after shooting clays as well, I don't know what it would be like using a SP 1 (comes in m/c) on clays after a couple of hundred cartridges were put through it.

If you want to shoot clays and game a sporter could well be the best option, although its heavier than a game gun to obsorb the recoil more, other more experianced on this aspect could advise you more.

Edited by BerettaSV10

Both guns are sporters i think...i did say in the shop what id be using the gun for on saturday...hence the two options above...

The lanber is £1100 new but is classed as secondhand, bought but never used etc.£850

Bettinsoli has had very light use an in vgc new it would be £720 but they are asking around the £575ish mark.

All my mates say go for lanber as it will last forever..

But il go for which ever fits me the best...

Have been offered a beretta 686e very little use for £1200.

I have used a 686e several times a very nice gun, and should last a life time.

Lanber sprting delux sporters m/c you can get new for around £835 at one of my local grounds.

Depending on the varient of the Beretta a 686E black m/c is around £1445 new, another varient of 686E is around £1525 new

Don't know what the prices of the Betty's are.