wounded crow decoy

hymax12

Hi all back at home now.

just thought i would pass an idea on see if any one whants to yous it? I have made a wounded crow decoy out of  an old tyer inertube and a peice of thick ruber(5mm mud flap,lrover)  .You draw and then cut the inertube in the shape of the wings .cuting some v's out of one side (trailing edge feathers) and with the thicker ruber cut out a siloet of a crow stick it to gether ,then drill a hole and place a fairly strong spring in to the hole which in turn is fastend to a peg.thir you have it .  :thumbs: dont know if you can follow that but from my experiments so far it works well .If need be i could send a pic to show it working..  :( .Allso what about making your own floaters out of an old fishing rod i have made two  that work well with foam flying decoys !  :D am i mad probly but just thought it could save money 8)

hymax 12, welcome back, did you get time off for "good behaviour"? :D

Having read your post, I have come to the conclusion that you must be covered in Blue Peter badges. :(

What experiments were you conducting with old mud flaps and inner tubes to arrive at the "wounded crow" idea ?

To a useless DIYer like me, it sounds like a lot of hard work.

I wouldn,t even know where to find the right raw materials.

You must be congratulated on your ingenuity and inventive ideas.

Lets have some more. :thumbs:

Nice one hymax, see if you can get a picture of it on here.  I've seen a wounded crow deek advertised on the crowbusters.com site, but if I can make one for nowt that's even better (I'm a tight ***, ask anyone  :thumbs: ).

Could you stick the floppy wings onto a full-bodied decoy perhaps??

Hi their every one

well you could say i have got time on my hands, i work month on month of .. plenty time for thinking of ways to make cheep decoys   :( as for putting the wings on to a crow decoy it could possibly be done ,but  with the crow being in a siting position would it not look funny.the decoy is not that difficult to make a good knife and a bit of sticky back plastic is all you need :D .

Another idea i have just tryed out is... for shiney decoys that need a new lick of paint... plasti-kaot do a mat grey paint and also do a matt varnish, i added the white wing bars with a white paint pen from a craft shop and their you have it new decoys    :thumbs: