pet insurance

big h

I looked into insurance when I got my Springer, Be careful with the cheaper ones if you are going to work your dog. Every one of the cheap ones (Tesco, Direct Line etc) exclude working dogs.

Merlin is insured through the Kennel Club at £18 per month. I believe the BASC do it as probably most of the other organizations, CA, NGO etc.

If you can save a score a month then LB's advice is sound. I am useless at saving up, so therefore the monthly insurance route is good for me.

Cheers

MC

Avoid Marks and Spencer pet insurance.

We took this out on our new dog (from labrador welfare) and they refused to pay out saying it must have been an old injury.

Robbing b@stards.

and then of course its too late to swap, becauise you then have to declare if you have ever had a claim refused!!!!!

Short and curlies spring to mind here.

Just put another claim in, so I'll let you know how that goes.

bindi

Edited by bindi

Mine are with Tesco both non working though but the Bitch is Young and the OH is considering trying Her hand at Gun dog training . Anyway going off track there a bit lol Insurance can be a God send We found out Our Dog Lab had severe Hip problems at around 6 months old the operations came to around £2000.00 Tesco paid out without a Quibble even though We were only just cleared the 30 Day starting period thing they do

I've always been insured with Pet Plan(£20 a month to start with). They give you discounts for multiple animals. Both my old labs had cancer. They had chemo and had their front legs amputated. One of them is still going 2 1/2 years after. The cost, over £4k each. It does pay off in the long run.