ratting

wol the hunter

went on my shoot today. shot two tree rats.one rabbit,6 pigeons.on way back to truck dog started marking rat holes.i went back to truck got smokey(chain saw) 40 minutes later 19 rats dead.only missed 5;6 (no camera)does anbody else do simalier to me? ie vermin&pest control :yp:

No, but I want to! That's for sure. It must be slow to get business built up though I'd have thought?

Did the rats (with terriers) on the shoot where I pick up at the beginning of February. Did two of the dyke-sides where the cover had been, week one 80+ rats, and even better second week (1/2 mile up the road) by seeing off 115.

Still a few left though, went roost shooting in the same place, and shot three more, one of which was 5yds up a tree.

I have not done a lot of ratting but have been shooting now for 20+ years but have never seen a rat climbing towards the upper branches of a tree, is this common?

Did the rats (with terriers) on the shoot where I pick up at the beginning of February. Did two of the dyke-sides where the cover had been, week one 80+ rats, and even better second week (1/2 mile up the road) by seeing off 115.

Still a few left though, went roost shooting in the same place, and shot three more, one of which was 5yds up a tree.

I have not done a lot of ratting but have been shooting now for 20+ years but have never seen a rat climbing towards the upper branches of a tree, is this common?

bloody hell thats a good result mate.as for climbing up trees yes ive seen them do that and climb up brick walls.i had my best rat day lats week with 19.i only work 1 jr.i brought some chicken and tried it out yesterday.i spread it around nest and smoke them out,it gives dog a chance if more than 1 bolts much like long netting. ;) just as a matter of interrest what do you do with them after.i gather them up and burn the fu...ers

• 2 weeks later...
Trouser legs. :beer:  :lol:  :ernyha:  :ernyha:

First time i went someone told me that they might run up your trouser legs so i tucked my trousers into my socks lol

believe it or not on,my dog was marking a hole yesterday and i poked my gun down it and #### rat ran half way up my gun,bloody poof i jumped out of my boxers(realtree) any way molly got it and was pleased with herself but still gave me that look :*)