Human Rights

deputy dog

Well i cant believe what this world is coming to folks. Iv just seen on the news that the Supreme Court of what i can only say

ignorant **** holes who obviously have no kids. Challenging Our Government to change its policy on scum like Paedophiles

an Rapists to sign the sex offenders register for life. They reckon its againts their human rights if they come out

of prison and have to sign the register for life. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I honestly think its ******* disgusting that the scum an filth of this Earth are even concidered for having such things

as Human Rights. What of all the inocent people who's live have been torn apart and ruined for life after being raped

or molested by such scum as these sexual predators. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Imho all of the above scum should be hanged after conviction. Not slapped on the back an let back out

into society with out being monitored or even registered as the scum they are. I sincerly hope

that this Government challenges this ruuling trying to be enforced on this nation.

Or we may has well all pack up an leave it to all the scum an filth. Because its their rights

which apparently more important then normal law abiding citizens like you an me. And if they do pass it

well its a ******* dicrace end off. :angry: :angry: :angry:

DD

Well i cant believe what this world is coming to folks. Iv just seen on the news that the Supreme Court of what i can only say

ignorant arrse holes who obviously have no kids. Challenging Our Government to change its policy on scum like Paedophiles

an Rapists to sign the sex offenders register for life. They reckon its againts their human rights if they come out

of prison and have to sign the register for life. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I honestly think its ******* disgusting that the scum an filth of this Earth are even concidered for having such things

as Human Rights. What of all the inocent people who's live have been torn apart and ruined for life after being raped

or molested by such scum as these sexual predators. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Imho all of the above scum should be hanged after conviction. Not slapped on the back an let back out

into society with out being monitored or even registered as the scum they are. I sincerly hope

that this Government challenges this ruuling trying to be enforced on this nation.

Or we may has well all pack up an leave it to all the scum an filth. Because its their rights

which apparently more important then normal law abiding citizens like you an me. And if they do pass it

well its a ******* dicrace end off. :angry: :angry: :angry:

DD

Whilst I agree with your sentiments on all sorts of levels, I think if you look into why this has been raised, in some instances, is quite right.

Granted, a child molester or serial rapist should stay on that register for life, what about the 16 year old who gets shopped by his 15 year & 11 month old girlfriends parents? should he really be put on the SO register for life???? I bet there are plenty on here who would be on there if they'd got caught at school with their g/fs!!! or the poor guy that oversteps the mark once whilst drunk with his plastered g/f and get's accused of date rape.... on the register for life?????? I think there are quite a few 'names' on that list that are there because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or who decided to sleep with the wrong pshycotic lady (plenty of them around... I've met quite a few!!!)

Edit... just remembered a very good case in point last year.. that poor kid, (can't remember exactly how old he was but if memory serves he was under 10) who ended up being put on the register for playing nothing more than doctors and nurses!! I certainly played my fair share of D&N when I was that kind of age... hardly qualifies me as a sex offender!

Edited by Vipa

Agree with Vipa, cases need to be judged on their own merit really. Plenty of women cry rape. Plenty of 14 year old girls dress older, go to clubs and get laid (a la trainspotting) On the flip side, plenty of men rape women and fiddle with children. I doubt they will be allowed off the register.

As Vipa pointed out, the law at the moment means the 15 year old boyfriend of the 15 year old girl with malicious parents, can, in some cases end up being lumped with the Gary Glitters of this world. All the ruling is doing means that the blanket restriction can be challenged, it doesn't mean serious sex offenders wont remain there for life.

As for your thoughts on the Supreme Court, you should be glad we have them, they have curbed some of the worst excesses that have passed through parliament in the form of so-called 'legislation', particularly under labour.

Vipa i totally agree with your statment an fully understand that some miscarriages of justice has happened and there are

some innocents behind bars now at this very moment wrongly convicted. Those people who in that situation i honestly feel

very sorry for the unfortunate misfortune.

But even that shouldn't over shadow the counless thousands of serial Rapists an Paedophiles to be let

back into society with out being checked an registered. Its giving scum like that an helping hand

to go a dissapear into society to almost always reoffend and make reck some other inncoent persons

life for good. Its a disgrace that any one can even think of giving such people human rights

after what they have done.

I'm a very strong beliver of capital punishement and strongly believe that such proven serial

rapists and Paedophiles should be duely subjected to this punishment. Save us tax payers

millions in keeping them locked up an luxury cells with every modern appliances.

Or even more money to let tset them free into safe houses where we have to pay for around

the clock security for them to be safe.

If this Government lets this happen its a shocking farce to this countries justice system

Where it seems every day that goes by, The criminal get more defence then innocent people.

Dd

Edited by deputy dog

But even that shouldn't over shadow the counless thousands of serial Rapists an Paedophiles to be let

back into society with out being checked an registered.

If you look closely, that simply wont be the case. They will be able to appeal their inclusion on the register. Do you seriously think that serial rapists and paedophiles will win such appeals? Of course they wont.

No-one is saying they will automatically come off it, they are saying they will have the right to appeal to be removed from it. If it is worked properly (which is all we can hope) then those whose convictions were shakey or under strange circumstances may be removed, and those who are total beasts will not.

You make it sound like they are getting ready to open the prison doors and let everyone run free. They aren't.

Vipa i totally agree with your statment an fully understand that some miscarriages of justice has happened and there are

some innocents behind bars now at this very moment wrongly convicted. Those people who in that situation i honestly feel

very sorry for the unfortunate misfortune.

back into society with out being checked an registered. Its giving scum like that an helping hand

to go a dissapear into society to almost always reoffend and make reck some other inncoent persons

life for good. Its a disgrace that any one can even think of giving such people human rights

after what they have done.

I'm a very strong beliver of capital punishement and strongly believe that such proven serial

rapists and Paedophiles should be duely subjected to this punishment. Save us tax payers

millions in keeping them locked up an luxury cells with every modern appliances.

Or even more money to let tset them free into safe houses where we have to pay for around

the clock security for them to be safe.

If this Government lets this happen its a shocking farce to this countries justice system

Where it seems every day that goes by, The criminal get more defence then innocent people.

Dd

its controversial for sure,vipas point is a valid one,capital punishment is not something i beleive in personally,its proven as no detterant anywhere else in the world. whilst its true that people can change,im not so sure that pedos can change. so perhaps we need a new punishment,a very grizzly severe one including death during the process if need be, i dunno,would this be a detterant?

its controversial for sure,vipas point is a valid one,capital punishment is not something i beleive in personally,its proven as no detterant anywhere else in the world. whilst its true that people can change,im not so sure that pedos can change. so perhaps we need a new punishment,a very grizzly severe one including death during the process if need be, i dunno,would this be a detterant?

Never really sure about that one Andrew... The American model would seem to suggest that the death penalty is not a deterent to serious crime but then, as someone has mentioned on here in previous discussions around the topic, we don't know if, without the death penalty, serious and violent crime rates would be much higher.

I am very much in favour of chemical or even physical castration of serial offenders though. And I do agree, I don't see how the majority of pedos can 'change' or 'get better.' Paedophilia is a sexual orientation just like hetrosexuality or homosexuality. You cannot 'get better' or 'change' what or who you find sexually attractive, you can only surpress those feelings which means the threat will always be there...

The way I understood it earlier was the new European law would apply to those who were sentenced to under 30 Months in Prison for their crimes. So the school teacher who was sleeping with a pupil and people like this would have a chance to be removed. If that is the case in certain circumstances I see it in a different light however as for the monsters the only time they should come off the Sex offenders list is when they are hung or die after serving life behind bars...

IF I was in charge the European laws would be scrapped immediately and the minute you took someones human rights from then i.e rape/murder/paedos then you would lose yours. Your entitlement to 'human rights' ends the minute you have no regard for other peoples...

Crime certainly pays nowadays!

IF I was in charge the European laws would be scrapped immediately and the minute you took someones human rights from then i.e rape/murder/paedos then you would lose yours. Your entitlement to 'human rights' ends the minute you have no regard for other peoples...

The whole point of humna rights is that they are fundamental. If they can be retracted, they are ultimately pointless.

If they didn't exist there is nothing stopping the state from doing anything it wishes. Prior to the human rights act, these existed in common law as opposed to being codified.

Of course, in my utopia, those who suggest we should stop x/y/z from having human rights would be perfectly entitled to forfeit their own. Can't see a high uptake somehow...

It is an over simplification to say that the right of a sex offender to appeal against having your name on such a list automatically means that he/she will be free to roam the streets and re-offend. As it has been said, some might find themselves on the list on borderline cases or because of a misscarriage of justice. I am pretty sure that the courts are going to examine each case in its own merit, and so they should. A blanket decision on how these cases should turn out is simply not going to happen.

all sex offenders should be hung drawn and quartered!!! and should be never let out of prison! bring back the the electric chair i say.

I suspect you feel the same way for those convicted of murder. I wonder how you would feel about it if you or someone you love was wrongly accused and convicted based on overwealming (albeit false and fabricated) evidence and taken to prison, let alone to a bed to be injected with chemichals (in the case of the usa). I have seen an awfull lot in my professional capacity (I am not a lawyer), and being convicted of rape based on VERY thin evidence is not at all uncommon. So, yes. Examine each case in its own merit. Unless of course you also believe that anyone owning a rifle or a shotgun means they intend to follow in the steps of the guy in Cumbria and of Moat...

well semi mate i agree with some of them being hung, but my uncle is in side for having sex with a 27 year old woman that desided that after she had the best night of her life and posting that on facebook, then changed her mind saying he had raped he , he is doing 7 years for it . becasue she had a drink before hand so he got charged with rape as she didnt know what she was doing at the time . what a load of ****. yes if some one rapes a kid or jumps a woman in the street hang them but like alot of people on here also say there is some that arent a thret but still have to live there lives on the list. being tar'd by the same brush as them scum that attack kids . which is unfair. and to top it off some scum bag jerno in the local paper decided to lie about the truth and im auntie is getting stuff throwen off her windows and nonce write on her door just because his name is on a list

Edited by rabbit.slayer.no.1

I suspect you feel the same way for those convicted of murder. I wonder how you would feel about it if you or someone you love was wrongly accused and convicted based on overwealming (albeit false and fabricated) evidence and taken to prison, let alone to a bed to be injected with chemichals (in the case of the usa). I have seen an awfull lot in my professional capacity (I am not a lawyer), and being convicted of rape based on VERY thin evidence is not at all uncommon. So, yes. Examine each case in its own merit. Unless of course you also believe that anyone owning a rifle or a shotgun means they intend to follow in the steps of the guy in Cumbria and of Moat...

try having a very very close family member who has been abused. then you will no where i am coming from!!!! end of!!

Edited by semiautolee

well semi mate i agree with some of them being hung, but my uncle is in side for having sex with a 27 year old woman that desided that after she had the best night of her life and posting that on facebook, then changed her mind saying he had raped he , he is doing 7 years for it . becasue she had a drink before hand so he got charged with rape as she didnt know what she was doing at the time . what a load of ****. yes if some one rapes a kid or jumps a woman in the street hang them but like alot of people on here also say there is some that arent a thret but still have to live there lives on the list. being tar'd by the same brush as them scum that attack kids . which is unfair.

i mean all the ones who do it to kids and actually do rape girls women etc etc rabbs. not the ones who get accused of it mate :good:

While I personally believe that one forfeits their human rights when they choose to sexually violate a child, I believe that it is important to note that in our zealous persecution of Paedophiles and Sex offenders miscarriages of justice occur.

Unfortunately there are countless examples of cases where 18 year olds are put on the register for having girlfriends who are not even three years their junior, yet - quite hypocritically I think - no one appears to bat an eyelid when a teenage girl weds an octogenarian oil-baron. :hmm:

There is also the unfortunate scenario where a man is maliciously prosecuted retrospectively, ostensibly for rape by a bitter former wife or girlfriend. Should they be denied the right to clear their names? :huh:

Taken from an American website, but quite scary nontheless.

There are many different kinds of abusers, and it’s not clear why people molest children. What’s been found in recent research is an overwhelming majority of people guilty of child molesting, were molested themselves. We used to think this statistic was much smaller, but with more detailed research, we’ve discovered this statistic to be very high. Statistics involving men in New Jersey prisons convicted of sexual abuse, found that over 95% of the men, were in fact abused themselves.

So are these people abusers or victims? :hmm:

I have a problem with this =

"I have seen an awfull lot in my professional capacity (I am not a lawyer), and being convicted of rape based on VERY thin evidence is not at all uncommon."

So your saying that beyond reasonable doubt doesn't apply? Can you let me know of these cases and I'll write to my MP........

In my experience the exact opposite is this case, the question of consent is usually raised and it's very hard for the prosecution to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that the victim didn;t consent.

The law is based on the premiss that 5 guilty people should go free rather than one innocent person being convicted.

I have a problem with this =

"I have seen an awfull lot in my professional capacity (I am not a lawyer), and being convicted of rape based on VERY thin evidence is not at all uncommon."

So your saying that beyond reasonable doubt doesn't apply? Can you let me know of these cases and I'll write to my MP........

In my experience the exact opposite is this case, the question of consent is usually raised and it's very hard for the prosecution to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that the victim didn;t consent.

The law is based on the premiss that 5 guilty people should go free rather than one innocent person being convicted.

Oh no.... not this old chestnut again.....

'Beyond reasonable doubt' is not the same as 'absolute certainty.' This is the main reason we got rid of the death penalty in this country... because it is impossible to be 'absolutely certain' unless an impartial panel of people witnesses the act as it happens or you are the one who committed the act. The problem is that witnesses lie and in this day and age of trial by media, the jury will, in most cases, have already decided whether or not the accused is guilty before they even hear the evidence also, those charged with crimes often plead guilty for..... well for whatever reason... stupidity perhaps but it happens, even if they are innocent!

Therefore it is impossible to be 'absoilutely certain' that someone committed a crime.

I firmly believe in the death sentence for heinous crimes where guilt is 'absolutely certain.'

Now, the whole point of this bill is to allow those on the register to appeal, that's all. Some names on that register are there for very marginal calls... the teenager charged because of malicious parents of 15 y/o g/f (as previously stated, there will be a few on here who would be on that register if they'd been caught in their youth) or the poor 8 year old charged and put on the register for playing doctors & nurses or the guy who beds the psycho who then cries rape!!! these are the people this is for, normal people like you and I who have ended up on that register because of a poor judgement call or were in the wrong place at the wrong time or who were just young and victims of raging hormones.... let he who is without sin... etc... etc... It is not aimed at getting kiddy fidlers off the register and letting them all go free..