What a Night to be out!

ben0850

Well, a break in the rain today, no cloud, moonlight and mild temp with some breeze....made the dash home from work at Mach 6 to go out with the lamp onto the crop fields....

Went out on the quad with .22 and Deben tracer max with red filter, tootled along with no lights on the quad...and that's where the fun began!!

In an hour and a half I had 14 bunnies (only kept a few for the pot) I also had four separate large hare in the sights but didn't shoot as I was always told it was illegal to lamp them...

Then low and behold a roe crossed my path on the way back up the fields (needless to say he wandered past me as I watched helpless and cursing my cal / timing) all in all a great night to just be out in the fresh air!

image-1.jpg

Cheers chaps!

Kipper I'm up in the Yorkshire dales, they tend to be pretty good eaters up here, have to admit I'm a sucker for a tandoori baked rabbit recipe from one of my Keith floyd books!

Frechieboy..I tend to cook mostly all of what I shoot even though my main reason for shooting is to protect our crops from the long eared pests...last night a few of the bunnies were not that fat for the pot, guess as a result of a hard winter so didn't keep them, I use most of the spares for crow decoying etc

Thanks paul will remember that tip!

I went out early yesterday morning to see if the hare were still around and took this rather large begger with a head shot!!

No taking the Michael out of my lambing gloves but can't stand the smell of hare on me hands after paunching them lol

d7d31719.jpg