Join or renew with BASC and spread the cost!

David BASC

You say you are an accountant

At the shooting show I was asked if I wanted to pay by dd or in full. I opted for dd. At no point was it explained to me that this method would incur extra charges.

All i can say is i am glad you are not my accountant and sorting out my tax returns! If you could not ask the questions or read through the paper work and figure out that you where paying £4.00 extra on top of the £66.00 One off Payment.

Unfortunately for me my renewal was due last month and unfortunately for me had to pay in full. I the same as a lot of people in this country am a bit short of cash at the moment and very glad that BASC are giving these difference payment options so we can enjoy our sport with the knowledge that we are insured and organization fighting our corner, Carry on the good work David and BASC.

If you think it ok for your accountant to complete your tax return amidst a throng of thousands at a shooting show then you deserve each other

Edited by wildgoose1uk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its important to remember the big picture - that you and all other BASC members are supporting the 5 key objectives of BASC, and that’s the main reason for joining and supporting BASC.

But at the same time its important BASC delivers a range of high quality and relevant services and benefits to the membership.

Of course the other benefits and services will mean and deliver different things to different people, be it our firearms team delivering support and advice, our conservation team delivering on shooting leases and consents, our Gamekeeping team delivering on shoot improvement, our land management team delivering on finding and securing shooting, our political team delivering on the Open General Licence for pigeons and so on.

I listened to your views on the additional charges that we make on phased payments, to say I am not interested is missing the point - I have read and taken on board all the comments from this forum and the members who have joined using this phased payment system over the last week. The majority are more than relaxed about the additional charge.

Phaedra , not forgotten you! The person who has the final say so has been away.

As to the £5 or £4 - if yo read my posts above i clealy said its 50p a transaction.

So if you opt for 4 quater payments its 4x50p= £2.00, if you opt for 10 monthly payments it is 10x50p = £5 - hope thats clear

Regards

David

Edited by David BASC

BASC were asked if the subscription could be paid in instalments , they listened and have now made this available.

I don't think they should be criticised for that.

The Direct Debit has a handling charge, how much depends on which option you choose.

Thats not difficult to understand.

In the final analysis everyone makes their own mind up.

This bone has been chewed enough.