browning a bolt and x bolt

welsh warrior

Hello mate ive just bought an A bolt and took it out to zero yesterday and the accuracy was spot on, i was very impressed in the small time i had. Couldnt fault anything on it and ive had tikkas & czs in the past. Im sure others will pop along with their thoughts but speak as you find! Hope this helps

If you're thinking of buying an X-Bolt I would advise trying one first.

The triggers on the three that I have shot, at their very best, are cr*p.

The accuracy of the three that I have shot, at their very best, is average.

Edited by Browning

i bought an "A" bolt 2nd hand in 30.06 more than happy with it.Very accurate using 155/SST. the trigger can be improved, in comparison to other triggers they all have there faults accoring to someone.

Cant fault mine apart from my last stalk that was my lack of maintenance,4 dead mans clicks, the bolt was full of **** :blush:

The X-bolt comes with a detachable polymer mag, the A bolt has a floorplate with a mag that can be detached. The bolt on the X-bolt has been modified from the A bolt and is lighter and a bit slicker. They both have 60 degree lift. Of the two I would say the X bolt has the more attractive stock both walnut and synthetic. The synthetic comes in Dura-Touch and is a nice rifle. The walnut stocks are also nice wood and the blued/walnut look pretty classy. I would probably not buy ab A bolt new as I suspect Browning will phase them out shortly.

A-Bolt - lot cheaper (as it is being phased out) and best loading system ever! Floorplate AND detachable mag.

X-Bolt - Bolt can be removed while the safety is on

Conclusion - Buy an A-Bolt!

what is the advantage of been able to remove the bolt with the safety on ? The answer is going to be so simple , i know it !.