SWANS

four-wheel-drive

On the news this is a strange story someone has been shooting Swans toll to date is 31 all head shots with .22 pellets obviously sick in the head got some kind of grudge against Swans just shoots them and leaves them just for the hell of it there is a £2000 reword for catching him I hope they get him quick. Swans may be wild but they do not have much fear of people so it would be easy for him/her to get close enough to shoot no skill required just a warped mind.

I feel this is a good case for licensing air rifles - there should be an amnesty to declare you have one and license it - after that anyone caught with one and no license should be fined minimum of £10k and/or 10 yrs in nick. - All sorts of missuse has been going on for years with air rifles and it should be stopped - failing that the Gov should give another £100m in aid to African countries

Dave :yes:

I feel this is a good case for licensing air rifles - there should be an amnesty to declare you have one and license it - after that anyone caught with one and no license should be fined minimum of £10k and/or 10 yrs in nick. - All sorts of missuse has been going on for years with air rifles and it should be stopped - failing that the Gov should give another £100m in aid to African countries

I thought you were serious for a minute :blush:

joking aside - i think we should have some form of licencing for them , not draconian to the point it curtails the sport - but enough to weed out the halfwits who are putting at risk everyones freedom with this.

in return - they should put the power limit up to 18ft lbs?

it is a difficult one because most people start with air rifles - but something needs to be done before draconian measures are used because of a minority.

As people have said the idea of licensing air guns would seem to be a good thing from the point of having some control over the people who are allowed to have then. I would have no problem with that but the thing that worries me is I just do not trust politicians to have that information if the political'y correct namby pamby's complain to the politicians I would not trust them not to ban them and if they were all licensed they would now exactly who had one and then you would have a bang on on your front door and a police man standing there asking you to hand over all of your air guns as they have done before with other guns.

I am but do you think this gov could wipe it's own ***. :o -- I thought Bliar was a tossa but this lot take the biscuit.

dave

I think that you will find that you will stand much more chance of continuing to be able to shoot any sort of gun with the Conservative's in charge it's Labour who are all for banning everything. I sow the debate that they had a while ago there was about 50 Conservative MP's almost all pro shooting and 3 Labour MP's 1 was pro 2 was against they should be debating it properly soon but I think that we will be ok until Labour gets in again.