New S410

Karbine

Gents,

have just bought a brand new S410 carbine in .22 to complement my HW100k in .177. I like the weight and feel of the S410 and it comes to the eye quickly and certainly feels a bit better balanced than the HW100 BUT... on cocking the rifle I have noticed that the cylinder and the fore end of the stock part slightly. I can feel the movement when I am cocking the rifle. The mechanism for cocking means that there will be some leverage exerted on the assembly but surely this should not result in movement. Indeed when holding the rifle vertical with the but on the ground I can move the stock away, albeit by a smallish amount, from the cylinder and barrel assembly.

This does not seem right to me. Before I go steaming into the shop, can someone with considerably more experience than I, set me straight here? Is this normal? Will it affect accuracy?

Cheers

Tim

they are designed to be that way,if you take the stock off you'll see 2 rubber pads at the fore-end,these are to isolate the cylinder from the stock and provide some cushioning as the cylinder expands when filled with air.

Edited by bigchap