Mating

Sco77w

Ive just got back from trying to mate my ESS bitch with a friends dog. He has sired litters before but wasn't interested in my bitch at all.

The dogs owner said my bitch may not be in season and we may have missed it. I'm almost sure she is only 10 days in.

could there be any other reason for him not wanting to cover her? (anyone says she's ugly I'm coming after you)

I'm taking her over again tomorrow to leave her with him for a couple of hours to see if theres any change.

Tell your mate his dogs bent :good:

Was he not interested or was your dog not standing?.It's not hard to see if your bitch is in season, however you could of missed it.plus some bitches won't stand for certain dogs, just because he's proven doesn't mean your dog thinks he's all that.

Maybe shes still early??? We normally do day 12 an 14 with our bitches....

This too could be possible as I was working away when she started to bleed. My wife thinks she saw it on her bedding towards the middle of the week but I didn't see it until Saturdy making today day 8. would a dog not be interested if she is early? I've heard of mating them early to try and get more bitched in the litter (old wives tale?)

her didcharge seemed to clear but now its bloody again.

I think the best thing for me to do is let it go this time and hopefully I'll be more prepared next time.

Ive just got back from trying to mate my ESS bitch with a friends dog. He has sired litters before but wasn't interested in my bitch at all.

The dogs owner said my bitch may not be in season and we may have missed it. I'm almost sure she is only 10 days in.

could there be any other reason for him not wanting to cover her? (anyone says she's ugly I'm coming after you)

I'm taking her over again tomorrow to leave her with him for a couple of hours to see if theres any change.

its too early usually the 12th day onwards from the first spot of blood,I had the same peoblem with my bitch took het back on the 12th day,job done just waiting for the birth now in about another 5 weeks

All being different and being bitches we normally start introducing the dog on the eleventh day onwards have seen the bitch not standing till 16th day rub the bitches hip and see if she presents ie stands with her tail to the side but tenth day would normally be too early but as said they are all different and some start quiet with not much discharge and some bleed for a fortnight or more before standing hope this helps just tried one of ours and we got a mating but no tie so we will have to wait and see (we have had litters before without a tie).

All being different and being bitches we normally start introducing the dog on the eleventh day onwards have seen the bitch not standing till 16th day rub the bitches hip and see if she presents ie stands with her tail to the side but tenth day would normally be too early but as said they are all different and some start quiet with not much discharge and some bleed for a fortnight or more before standing hope this helps just tried one of ours and we got a mating but no tie so we will have to wait and see (we have had litters before without a tie).

I didn't know about them "standing" and gave her a rub on what I think was day 13 and she did just as you said so I drove her over to spend a day with Blaze (the stud).

Well he did the dead on day 14 now I have her back home she is constantly licking herself. Is this normal, or is there something wrong?

I'm taking her over to another vets to get her registered as I dont like the local one, but I just wondered if this behavour is normal?

Hi normal is the problem they'r all different some even start with a discharge some you would hardly notice but I will say once we get a mating we ussually repeat it at least once either on the same day or on the following day if the bitch will still stand as for the discharge I think you said it was a maiden bitch so not unusual but if it persists or your worried get her checked by a vet as you will haveto get her checked and wormed prior to whelping anyway. YIS.