Airarms s410 tdr anygood ?

pestforce

Hi guys

Mate of mine is lookin at buying a new rifle, he really likes the looks and idea of the s410 tdr in.177 so thought id ask on here if anyone owns one or has used one to get some feedback !

ps i own the s410 carbine and love it ! how does tdr compare ?

yes its a great rifle. had one in .22. owned it for about 6yrs and only sold when i went fac. TBH i would have been happy keeping it.

ideal for being out shooting rabbits, not so great if you are going to shoot hundreds of pellets at a range. but if you refil from a bottle then its not an issue.

I always wanted one of these. I think for me it was the "novelty" of a take down rifle which appealed. What made me change my mind in the end and go for the s410 carbine is that someone pointed out that how often are you really likely to be taking the gun down and re-assembling it. Its hardly as if you`d be walking around, see a bunny, then whip out the rucksack, put the gun together, then shoot the rabbit. As by the time you`d done that the bunny would long be gone.

So it made really think about it, and I opted for the carbine instead. I do all my shooting on my permissions, so just drive up with the gun in its slip, get on site, take gun out and ready for action.

The TDR do hold their values tho, and are more expensive than the carbines. I also very seldom see them for sale, which just shows how popular they must be. So, whether or not its worth paying a premium for a TDR over a carbine is what your mate needs to decide.

• 2 weeks later...