airrifle price advice

smithy73

Hi just after some advice on what to price my airrifle and accessories,here goes.

1.Air Arms S410 carbine .22 (not FAC),comes with.

1 x magazine.

Hawke 3x9x50 IR scope.with a set of flip up scope covers.

Ledray Gl4 lamp.(with box).

BSA Tactical gun bag in black,shoulder strap,and rucksack style straps,the gun fits in this with the lamp attached to scope.

Fitted with studs and black sling.

Air Arms silencer.

Very accurate,gun likes RWS hollowpoint pellets,Rabbits don't.

Very good condition,this is my baby,if i sell it will be a sad day.

I am after advice on selling this as a package,and really do not want to split.

I also have a Deben atom pro 12v lamp,with box the lamp seems a

bit yellow to me don't know if the bulb is on it's way out or if i am used to the brighter Ledray.

And also a jack pyke medium stealth jacket and trousers,3 telescopic hide poles with kick plates,with pole bag (new never used),and one brand new stealth net again (never used),these can also be added to the package.FTF only will cost a bomb to post,was unsure of where to post this so my apologies to the MODS if its wrong.Any advice very much appreciated.Cheers Rich.

thanks for the replies,my gun is in immaculate condition,like new and is the beech stock version,i was just thinking that if i do advertise it for sale on here or elsewhere,that due to the fact it has quite a few extras,already included,which if someone is looking to start out shooting,would probably like me add to their kit as you go along,but be able to get a set up in one purchase instead.I have looked around,and think £250 is way too low,for just the gun with no scope yes,but with scope and everything else,(the gun bag is £45)Deben lamp new £135 Ledray GL4 £60-£70 approx,plus the other bits,and too be truthful i don't want to over price and have no interest.But i don't want to get tucked up either.Do i have to state a price in the for sale section,or just because i am asking advice can someone make an offer due to the fact that they have read this section of the forum?

As a general rule of thumb, good quality second hand shooting equipment tends to go for about two thirds of the new price.This should give you a rough starting point which you can work up or down from depending on how quickly you need to sell .Good Luck with the sale.

your right m8,

if the gun is in excellent condition it will be worth £300 or more alone,

but that said,it doesnt mean it will sell(times are hard)

you would probably be better selling separately to get a better deal for yourself.

think what you would be happy paying for the things second hand,,

if someone offered you the gun for xx amount would you say yes or no,and go from there

atb al

thanks for the replys,my decision is on hold for the moment.All down to whether i lose my only shooting permission,waiting on a decision on who has the authority to allow shooting,so everything up in the air at the moment,even though i have been shooting the permission for 18 months.

i would value the rifle alone at £350

the s410 always sells well secondhand and commands premium prices,i would price all the kit at £500ish.

I agree with bigchap. One thing ive noticed looking at s410 prices over the last few years is that they really do hold their value 2nd hand. If you choose to sell today, or even in 6 months time, the chances are the price will not vary too much. They are excellent guns and very popular.

Looking in the for sales the s410 carbine in .22 tends to fetch around the 350quid mark. Sometimes slightly more. Thats for the gun, silencer and a scope. The rest of the kit you`d be better off splitting and selling separately. I know you said you didnt want to do this, but you`ll attract a much wider audience and find it all easier to sell. You will also get much more money. You can even sell stuff like the bag and lamp on ebay if you wish.

Good luck with the sales though in the future when you decide to finally sell it.