Another one for Anti Gun People

blackbirdtrev

Best wishes to the two victims, hope they make a full recovery.

As for the Anti gun lobby, it is likely to be a hand gun that was used, which after all have already been banned, so what do they propose, ban them again?

Quite agree on the handgun bit, did banning them stop gun crime with them? No! Will banning all guns stop gun crime? No! The only people these bans hurt are the law abiding citizens that use them for sport.

Best wishes to the families of the 2 innocent people shot, hope they make a speedy recovery.

Edited by blackbirdtrev

what this has to do with legally held guns is beyond me, the police don't link the two so really I can't see why people feel their sport is threatened by incidents like this. Its gun crime not carried out with legally held guns

The police may not link the 2 but Anti Gun Lobbyists and some Polititions do thats why handguns got banned!

Whilst this might be old hat, why are BASC not making the point in press statements that this is again another crime wrought by illegal weapons in criminal hands and adding the sincerest hope for their recovery from the legal gunowners community. I'm sure being socially concious about illegal gun incidents is a bit more balanced than merely defending our corner when legal gun owners vvvv ocassionally hit the headlines.

A count of illegal v illegally held gun incidents might show the great piublic what the problem really is. I would use BASCs knowledge to explain where illegal guns are coming from, what the going rate is for one, how many illegal guns ae recovered, etc. If there is a very clear focus on the illegal side maybe people will get a bettre balance ??? If the law abiding community weighs in its knowledge and support against illegal gun crime doesnt that make us a better group of people than just defending ourselves??

What could we do to help against illegal gun crime?

Cheers

The BASC are not involved as if they got into every incident in gun crime in London they would need a full time person just replying to incidents that have nothing at all to do with the sporting use of firearms

You are quite right Al4x! :good:

Let's not forget that most (Admittedly not all, but the greatest majority) of the gun crimes reported nowadays are commited using ILLEGALLY HELD GUNS so I can not see what the BASC or any other "Shooting Organisation" can do about it! We also need to recognise that those few "Tragic Incidents" that do involve legally held guns by registered owners are often the result of some sort of mental breakdown, something that is often extremely difficult for any doctor, the police or anyone else to predict and are thankfully far and few between.

Obviously our thoughts go out to the innocent people that got caught up in this incident and injured, I'm sure that we all wish them a speedy recovery!