Problem with 11-87 Remington

crowstopper

Ok I have a problem with an 11-87 and just thought someone on here may have had the same problem or know how to fix it. ok this is what has happened, the gun recently had major part of its action replaced (see attach image showing piece). It has also had a new gas seal fitted on it as the old one wore up. What happens is when I go to shoot it, it sometimes does not eject the empty shell after it has been shot and it jams in the action, but other times it will eject the shell fine and reload the next one. it will also sometimes eject the shell and not close the action even if there is another shell in the magazine tube. I know that this problem is not caused by the type of cartridge used as I have tested it with numerous makes to see if it makes any difference. What I believe to be the problem is this new major part of the action is stiff and needs some shots though the gun to wear it in. The other thing which I think it might be is a carbon build up in the 2 holes in the barrel which the gas escapes out of after each shot. I have also taken the gun to a gunsmith and he has striped it down and had a good look and thinks there is nothing wrong with it. I will take the gun back to be looked at again but I thought someone on here may have an idea what is wrong with the gun or have a slight idea as I would also like to know.

Crow

post-18-1142880395.jpg

hi crowstopper

i went up my local clay shoot two weeks ago with my fabarm auto and had the same problem it would half eject the empty shell and i had to keep yanking it out in order to get the second shot off !! since then i have stripped it down and given it a good scrub and oiling and it seems to working ok again ? so maybe you have a build up of deposits and might just need a good clean ?

cheers BS