air rifle

vampire

I have got an old gammo air rifle that never gets used and am thinking of redoing the stock with a nice coat of stain and tru oil,but i have been toying with a idea :hmm:

I am going to make a full length moderator like a hush power shot gun has,i have an aluminium tube off an old aerial mount and would fill the back end with green scourer type thingy to stop air bounce.

Any one think of better way to do it or any suggestion for baffles :hmm:

You're going to need a lathe.

I have made many moderators for PCP rifles, including a few "reflex" types, and there are a few basics.

For a reflex type ( one that comes right back past the muzzle ) you will want the first baffle plate about 1" in front of the muzzle, with a small hole so that it bounces as much blast as possible back to the "reflex" chamber. After the first plate are several more plates, at varying distances apart so as to absorb different frequencies. I line these chambers with an open cell foam that is designed to silence PC cases.

I make mine from the aluminium tubes found inside old laser printer toner cartridges, they're ideal.

• 2 weeks later...