a nice start

rabbit.slayer.no.1

well some of you know ive been working my fingers to the bone at some stables to get the permission on his feilds , well i asked him on saturday if it was ok for me once finished for the day on sunday can i have a walk about to check the permission in the light before it gets dark and work out best places to shoot from , to which he said why not, so sunday morning couldnt come round quick anuff. but it did. so i got out of bed just before 7.30am to get stuff ready and away in to garden to have a quick check scope was right . as i sat there a woodie landed on the top of shed so with out thinking i aimed and shot , well i will show the pic to show what happened.

101_6876.jpg

well not a bad start to aday. so in the freezer he went and off for the bus with my rilfe in case and hand pump under my arm. andthis is where it took a turn for the worse. i got to bus stop at 8.30am as thats the time i always get the bus only to see on the time table the bus dont start till after 10am **** ive got to get to work by 9 and its a hours walk. ow well off i walk . i was so glad ive got a bsa ultra and not my old hw90k as it would of killed me lol. so i get there only half hour late but it was ok as the boss was still in bed anyways (lucky me). so did my days work and got done but 5.30 so plenty of light still about so had a nice walk round and left rifle in the bag with pump under a tree at far end of feild as no body can get there with out me seeing them cross the feild . i was like a school kid in a sweet shop spotting the amount of holes and warrens. so i got my self set up only 30 yrds away from a massive warren just behind a mud bank. i lay there for about a hour before i spotted some rabbits running from the far end of feild. to far for a clean shot so waited , and one came hopping out only 35yrds from me so i had to take this shot and wack one .22 pellet to the side of its head and down it went after about 3 back flips . i then hear bushes moving behind me thinking its just a horse come over to see what i was doing i roll over on to my back with rifle on my chestlift my head to see a bunny about 20yrds strate between my feet . so i move the rifle down my chest still on its side i look down the scope the best i can from this position and took the shot and my god i was over the moon i took it out not even a flip just a strate flop. so with that i was over the moon plus i had to get home as i forgot to leave some bait from my dinner and i was starving lol. so here it is the pic. thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did .and i cant wait till later in the week as i will be out longer . and before you point it out i changed the tourch over to the lamp as it wasnt working

101_6921.jpg

it would of went in to the wall behind it , im not that daft to take a shot where it may hunt or break someone or something

Haha, good man. :)

Heard of someone the other week shooting pigeons out of a tree in a fairly built up area!

EDIT: with .22LR

Edited by XdunstanX

all i was trying to say mate wy didnt you just do that to start with and if i wanted to go on night time i would i no zeppy and f... his brother.in.law just cause you mite off s..t your pants when he come in yard mate but am not like that theres not that much there anyway just enough for you so enjoy speak later

all i was trying to say mate wy didnt you just do that to start with and if i wanted to go on night time i would i no zeppy and f... his brother.in.law just cause you mite off s..t your pants when he come in yard mate but am not like that theres not that much there anyway just enough for you so enjoy speak later

Say that again....?? :unsure: :P