bi pod or no bi pod ??

welsh warrior

Depends what you're shooting (for me, anyway).

Bunnies at 150 yards+, then yes, because they're difficult enough to see, let alone keep crosshairs steady at that range :blush:

Deer... Probably not.

Fox... Depending on the range, i'd be inclined to say yes.

Anything involving a .22lr, and I wouldn't bother. A bipod just adds so much weight to the front of the gun, it's difficult to hold steady.

Each to their own, though, but i'd rather have a lighter rifle to carry about all day or night.

I used to use pods, then I decided I wasn't going to use them & shoot off sticks for a bit.

I have now returned to using them on my 243 - and for foxing it's spot on and i wouldn't ever be without now, you can't always get a shot while using the pod so I carry sticks as well and do most lamping on foot now (well have done over the winter for obvious reasons)

And I don't have an issue with weight really.

I find for me it's the most stable and steady rest, but I would practice on sticks so you have that in your locker should the grass be to long etc.

It all boils down to the type of shooting you are doing and the lie of your ground, when I stopped using the pod I was mainly shooting off a pick up so used a bean bag.

yep I have one on my .243 and use it if possible in preference to sticks. Simple fact is its the best way to achieve a decent shot so use it. Foxing its useful off the roof of the truck and doesn't get in the way for shots off the wingmirror

Harris would be my choice.

I like to have a bipod on my guns. Having said that I do remember one Deer stalk very well because of that. It was a Roe Buck and I used a large tree to stalk in behind and rest on to take the shot. Well the bipod kept slipping on the bark and I couldn't get steady so while the Buck was still sat there I went back behind the tree, sat down and removed the bipod and sling then stood up again and took the shot! It was the longest shot preparation in history! :lol: