Double Pork in cider

amateur

She's just been on 'desperate dates dot com' and apparantly wants some decent Pork In cider for Thursday,can you manage or need some help??

Having seen this post on the prawn curry thread, and with my local Morrisons selling pork cheeks at 65p per pack, here's my non-double-entendre version.

Chop a small onion. a carrot and a stick of celery and sweat them in oil in a medium saucepan.

Add the pork cheeks and enough dry cider to just cover them, together with a crushed clove of garlic and some mixed herbs.

Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and cover the pan so that the meat can be poached for a couple of hours. We are looking for a very gentle simmer. Keep an eye on the liquid level and top-up with more cider as necessary.

After 2 hours fish out the pork and blitz the vegetable remains to a smooth puree.

Take a medium frying pan and fry a small finely chopped onion to a golden brown, add the pork pieces and briefly sear them. Add a few button mushrooms.

Add a small glass of Calvados and ignite (reserve a larger glass of Calvados for the chef)

Put the flames out with a little of the rest of the cider, add the vegetable puree that you made earlier. Reduce the liquid if it's too runny and then finish with some double cream.

Serve it with sweet-potato mash and green beans and wash it down with more cider.

The pork is succulent, flavoursome and disintegrates with a fork

Double pork in cider..

My kind of girl ;)

I belive its known as 'Airtight' in certain circles Gary :blush:

That does look very tasty though Amateur and given that I like(*chooses words carefully*) the meat from a pig and drinkable cider I might give it a go once Autumn comes back around.

Nice one!