Redundant (Potentially)

shalfordninja33

I'm being made redundant sometime this year too.Our Chemical Site is being moved abroad so 100 or so of us are out of a job!!Luckily it's a good reduduncy package but I know it won't last forever.The trouble is I can't look for a job yet as for one I don't know when im being made redundant and two I'm not giving up my money that's coming to me!!

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when that time comes!

This probably won't make anyone with this hanging over them feel any better but...I have been made redundant twice in the last 25 years. Each time was awful, but each time I ended up in a better position, and when I looked back I realised I had been stuck in a rut but too scared to actually do anything about it. Being forced into looking for another job was actually the best thing that could have happened. Try to think of it as an opportunity not a tragedy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

To cut a long story short I got reenstated last Monday, my role has changed slightly where I'm now doing more new business sales. My T's & C's havent changed and my employment has remained continous.

The campaigning and information I presented during my consulation worked and they reestated me with the changes I asked for. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth but at least I'm not out of work and it buys me time.

Thanks for your advise and help on this.

cheers