Attracting foxes!!

After a wander round the shoot tonight it seems we have a fox about. Several piles of feathers dotted at various points about the place. As the release pen is situated in the woods i think now is the time to sort the foxes out. The main problem is that there are rides cut through the place with a couple of high seats dotted about the place but i just dont have the time to sit for hours on end waiting on the off chance foxy will appear! Does anyone have any tips for luring it to a point where i can deal with it? I have a 22-250 which will hit a nail head at 100yds so range isnt a problem just position!

Regards james

Use some CHUBB dog food especially the Tripe flavoured one, it really stinks. I use this and it works. Bait an area for a few days, and let the fox take it. Then bait again, but this time ambush it. I also use the liquid from boiled horse hoof clippings. This stuff stinks to high heaven, and if there is a fox about, it should bring it in to your chosen spot.

Steve.

Time and patience young man :good:

Foxes are usually reasonable predictive timekeepers, but saying that, can be totally the other way. Now lambing time is well upon us, I gather up the dead from farmers and freeze down. Stake them out, so they cannot be dragged away and when, well sought into, new bait and wait up. I use a gamecam to find out what's happening, others use the battery and clock job. I had a dead calf out for 2 months last winter, before it was even touched, then it was nearly demolished in 3 nights, the last night, it met it's maker :lol:

The thing is, time in field is not wasted, just a matter of time before the opportunity arises.

Now that cover is starting to grow up is snaring an option? I've spotted footing and good runs recently whilst out walking the dog. Obviously you would need to check them daily, but once they are in place you don't have to commit lots of hours to just sitting and waiting. Just a thought?