hw95

king ratcatcher

I've had one, and it was a nice air rifle (as all HW's tend to be).

A scaled down version of the hw80 really, with a smaller chamber which also makes it lighter than the 80.

Good value for money?

Second hand, definitely, i sold mine in very good nick for about £90

bindi

I've had one, and it was a nice air rifle (as all HW's tend to be).

A scaled down version of the hw80 really, with a smaller chamber which also makes it lighter than the 80.

Good value for money?

Second hand, definitely, i sold mine in very good nick for about £90

bindi

cheers m8, im thinking about getting one for abit of target and hunting. :ernyha:

the only real difference between the lightening and the HW95 is the two stage trigger, the 95 is slightly longer.

You may find it better to spend a little on the lightening and get a gas ram fitted, or you could always get a HW95 and then get Steve Pope formerly of venom, to tune it for you, then there is now way the lightening would be better than the 95.

but there is very little difference between the two, i would say go to your loal club or gun shop and see if you can feel on in your hands.

and im talking from experiance as have owned both, qand if your talking about the lightening XL then there is hardly any difference bewteen tham at all.

ROB :ernyha:

have to say that the recoil with a gas ram is a lot shorter and a lot sharper than any spring rifle has. This makes them even mre hold sensertive, you have to just basicaly balance them in your hands and never rest them on anything hard like a bench or a post when shooting them or they will throw the pellets all over the place.

might just be that your just not getting used to the ram? grab a tin of pellets and find a quiet area on your shoot or go along to your local club and just blam away at a target for a few hours, the ram really does turn the rifle into a totaly different beast to the rifle you irst bought (unless it came fitted with the ram).

and the rekord trigger on the HW really takes some beating, it's excellent!!!

Personally I would go for the 95 over the lightning anyday (although the XL looks great), but then I am a fan of the HW.

I have had, or still have

Hw80x3

Hw77x2

Hw95

Hw35x3

oh and my trusty air arms S400. which I use for nearly all my shooting.

My Hw's I use occasionally, but mainly just admire, sad but true.

Also had bsa mercury + airsporter, webley victor + vulcan

oh and a very nice theoben fenman

Edited by bindi

have to say that the recoil with a gas ram is a lot shorter and a lot sharper than any spring rifle has. This makes them even mre hold sensertive, you have to just basicaly balance them in your hands and never rest them on anything hard like a bench or a post when shooting them or they will throw the pellets all over the place.

might just be that your just not getting used to the ram? grab a tin of pellets and find a quiet area on your shoot or go along to your local club and just blam away at a target for a few hours, the ram really does turn the rifle into a totaly different beast to the rifle you irst bought (unless it came fitted with the ram).

your spot on, the gas-ram is so hard to get used to, it is very sharp and quick its madness, i sighted it in yesterday, and a feral pigeon landed today i took aim and missed completely.

its been happening alot with the lightning gas-ram ive been missed alot of my shots. must be me. :ernyha:

might well be worth your while having a good look at this post:

how to shoot a springer?

and find the technical skills manual on the BFTA web site (google should turn it up, if a search on here sing BFTA dosnt work).

hi m8, i know how to shoot a springer, i have got a hw97k and im bang on, just can get on with a gas-ram. :ernyha:

no offence meant :ernyha:

but like i said the rams are totaly different beasts to any other spring rifles, especially the heavier springers, which arnt as hold fussy.

ROB :beer:

i know m8, no worries.

might get the hw95 as i seen one in the gun shop today, looks good. :ernyha: but he wants £218 for one.

does anyone know if the silencer comes with it.

Edited by king ratcatcher

wow thats pricey for a 95, a tad more and you can have a spankin new 80.

I would look out for a god used one, I think ones just appeared on the 'bbs' for about 160 .....edit....its a HW90 160 with bag

bindi

Edited by bindi

i know m8, no worries.

might get the hw95 as i seen one in the gun shop today, looks good. :ernyha: but he wants £218 for one.

does anyone know if the silencer comes with it.

way over priced for a 95 :lol:

sold one a couple of years ago wit a suspected venom tune and that went for 150 inc postage.

wait a while until you see a rifle come up in the sales section at the right price :ernyha:

ROB :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

The HW95k should be easily capable of that size of groupings, of all the break barrel legal limit air rifles I think you've made the best choice as far as reputation, reliability, engineering and performance goes.

Every bit as good as an HW80 but without the unneccesary weight. Amazing rifles.

Hope you find one at the right price (I take it you don't want one new?). Best of luck with it.

on a slightly different note, how do you like your 97K rat? I have had a 77K for a long while, but the blue-ing is nearly all gone and she does weigh a lot! I see you don't seem to have any problems with the accuracy.. :o

And does anyone know of a 97K 2nd hand that's going for good ££?