Information Required

markbjones01

Hi guys

im not prone to spur of the moment deeds but this morning (love at first sight) i bought a 12 bore Willaim Sumners of Liverpool side lock side by side, it has 29 inch damascus barrells and a lovely grained stock, its still very tight and in great condition

ive tried to look up details of it on the internet but cant find anything

so what i wanted to know is does any one on here know anything about them, how can i find out how old it is are they worth much ?

regards mark :yes:

Right here goes !! firstly i apologise for the quality of my fotos ive never done close up before so they is a tad blurry !!

so i will give a little description for each one

pic 1 william sumners then gun number 4364

pic 2 as above

pic 3 starts off with what looks like a maple leaf reflected in a line followed by an arrow pointing to it then i can make out 74m nui fo

one more set of pics to come :-)

post-20287-0-75866600-1303149719.jpg

post-20287-0-12259000-1303149723.jpg

post-20287-0-45687600-1303149727.jpg

You are correct. I have worked on this model and make grand little box lock and will give you a lot of fun and pleasure how do the barrels read?

thankyou its a great looking gun and feels fab to use not sure what you mean by "how do the barrels read but underneath it says on each barrel .... .

718'' BNP 12 (in a diagonal square) 2 1/2 3 tons per square inch and .723'' BNP 12 (in a diagonal square) 2 1/2 3 tons per square inch

i keep trying to take better pics but my camera isnt up to the task as youve worked on one of these in the past do you remember how old it was ?

regards mark

Mat great idea are you going to the wildfowling meeting on 2nd may ? If so I will bring it then

how's your pup comeinh on ? :)

I'll be at the one on the 3rd of may ???? Dogs doing well its me that can sometimes be the problem but I am learning the ways. He did a few water retrieves yesterday which I was quite impressed with I just need to get a few more things honed in. All in all though he is doing well. How's yours ?